I have seen a few things lately here, there seems to be a few people who are getting rid of some stuff they no longer want. I think that is great, helps them clean out stuff they no longer have a use for while helping out other forum members.

One thing I think might be nice is if we got back to doing this as a Karma give away like we did in the past. Not only will people still be able to pick up some free stuff, it will prompt them to see what they might have laying around to pay it forward. Seems like a win win for all of us.

Sound like a good idea??

It's like this - you got something that you don't need or want or have no use for or maybe have two (or 3 or 60) of and you just "give it away".

Not exactly!

You got the first part right in that people give stuff away as a karma thing. But what is suppose to happen is the person receiving the karma is then suppose to pay something forward as well. I've seen a few people hold to this standard but for the most part it was lost on this forum. Which I'm not surprised at all with the general population we have here these days.

• Like 1

karma give away is no different then putting something up for " FREE " in the classifieds. Then other people giving stuff away

i've done one or two, gave away a bunch of sthuff. I'll prob. have another once spring cleaning comes about.

Gotcha, I wasnt sure if like someone did a good thing then you decied to send them something or if it was just a straight "I have this thing, FREE to the first bidder" type deal.

Actually, how it worked was, someone posted they had XXX and who ever would like it would put an I'll take it in the thread. The person who started it would (should as I see it) write the names down on pieces of paper and put them in something and draw a name. That would be the winner, now the person who won the item would then start a new post with something they were going to give away and so on.

We have had all kinds of things posted in the past, up to and including a Pink .380ACP Mouse Gun.

Furthermore, it seemed (note seemed) that people that had no need for the item didn't "put in for it" just to win something for free that they might sell later - that's bad karma...

AS the saying goes, Karma's can be a be-ach... Also what comes around goes around, and if more people thought like that we would be better off.