Malsua

Self-Defense Tip: The Three Rules of a 911 Call

Cool. I'll be doing that this weekend.

I haven't ever seen ANI/ALI written until today. I guess that why I could not find info on it. I guess it's an acronym. What's it stand for?

Yes, stands for Automatic Number Identification/Automatic Location Identification. This screen will show the phone number calling, time of the call, date of the call, cell phone provider, cell tower the cell phone hit off(or the address of the landline), GPS cooridinates(assuming WPH2 is working, and transfer phone numbers.

I appologize that I cannot site the source, as I believe I read it on the interwebs, but I think that this might be considered tantamount to kidnapping. I could be wrong, though. What say the LEO's?

how do you know for a FACT that the person is not a threat, you don't. the person just broke into a residence WITH people in it, you have no idea what their intentions are. they could be sitting at the dining room table watching sponge bob in a onsie and that doesn't mean they are not a threat to you.

the charges wouldn't stem from the arriving officers they will come from the detectives and the prosecutors office. the arriving officers could be fine with it, but who knows what if anything the detectives/prosecutors could/would charge you with

how do you know for a FACT that the person is not a threat, you don't. the person just broke into a residence WITH people in it, you have no idea what their intentions are. they could be sitting at the dining room table watching sponge bob in a onsie and that doesn't mean they are not a threat to you.

the charges wouldn't stem from the arriving officers they will come from the detectives and the prosecutors office. the arriving officers could be fine with it, but who knows what if anything the detectives/prosecutors could/would charge you with

I didn't say I agreed with it, just that I seem to recall it being a possibility. I really don't know what the law is, I was hoping that someone who knew the law would chime in as this is something I have wondered. If I was faced with such a situation, I would certainly have a firearm within easy reach, but I would strongly suggest to the intruder that it would be in his best interest to leave now.