Im thinking about two 1911-22 pistols,gsg 1911-22 or colt 1911-22.Anyone have either and can advise me which would be a better buy.Moneys tight i dont want to make a purchese and regret it..,Thanks

I have the Umarex Colt 1911 .22LR Rail version that's nice. It shoots well and comes with 12-round mags. You can read about here. I had originally thought mine was shooting low and to the left, however it now appears that it's me and not the gun.

http://www.colt22rim...?page=colt-1911

http://www.thefirear...umarex-22-1911/

2245705_ls.jpg

2245705_rs.jpg

If you don't care for the look of that or the rail, here's the Government model.

2245700_ls.jpg

2245700_ls_angle.jpg

2245700_rs.jpg

Just to add, I paid $393.00 shipped for mine from CenterfireGuns. I purchased this before I was introduced to NJGF's, so I never had the opportunity to have our vendors provide me a quote. I've always thought I paid more than I should have, once you factor in the FFL fee, etc, but I really wanted it when I got it, so I paid the price.

I just recently shot the GSG 1911-22 at Shore Shot. Aside from it being a dirty rental gun with some FTF's, I really liked it. Right now its on my short list for my first purchase. I read up a lot on the GSG and the FTF's are not a characteristic so I definitely think it was just poorly kept as a rental.

I've never seen the GSG in person, but everyone I know that has one, loves them. I'm sure the OP will be please with either he chooses.

Like I said, after you posted the pics of the Gov model, I will have to have one of them, probably over the summer, but will shoot one before I buy it, but I do like it, I can do with out the rail on the other one, maybe it's just me, but I don't like a rail on a 1911.

Have the Sig 1911-22. Love it. One thing does bother me, (and I believe the issue is the same with gsg, and chiappa pistols) the finish. Whatever process was used when adhearing...she's a no worka. Doesn't really bother me as I bought it as a cheap range practice pistol...

Other than that, accurate and fun to shoot. That colt is a beauty btw...

If you are looking to spend a bit more than the rest of us, I picked up a Kimber Rimfire Target...wow. I'm not a big Kimber fan, but wish I got that instead. Sweet trigger.

Have the Sig 1911-22. Love it. One thing does bother me, (and I believe the issue is the same with gsg, and chiappa pistols)

The GSG and SIG are the same pistol made at the same place. Can't remember if GSG make it for Sig or Sig make it for GSG but other than what lettering is on the gun, they are the same. That's good to know, being you can pick up GSG accessories cheaper than Sig one, especially when it comes to buying additional Mags.

I have the Umarex 1911-22 Colt Gold Cup Trophy Model. I had posted my experience with the pistol and the basis for my selection under the topic, "Colt 22LR 1911 Gold Cup Trophy – Observations & Experience" on 2/4/12 in this forum.

I have since pumped over a 1K rounds through this pistol with no failures to load, fire, extract or eject. I have been using CCI MiniMag and Remington Gold Bullets, exclusively. My preference is for the CCI as it seems to burn much cleaner than the Gold Bullets. The black finish is holding up very well. My only criticism is with the trigger weight. According to the review on the 1911 forum, trigger weight should settle in at about 4 to 4.5 lbs. Mine is around 6 to 6.5 lbs. It has never really lowered since I purchased the pistol. Perhaps I still need to pump more rounds through it. I recently emailed Umarex customer service to find out if 6.5 lbs is within factory tolerences. The answer came back yes and BTW, they do not have the equipment to do trigger jobs.

I recently puchased a Colt 45ACP 1911 Gold Cup (100 year anniversary model). Except for the weight (33 oz for the 22 vs 39 oz for the 45ACP)and recoil spring force, the two guns handle almost identically. THe 45ACP, however, has a 4.5 lb trigger pull! I don't know if this high trigger weight is typical for the Umarex Colt 1911s or just mine. A trigger job for this pistol is looming in the future, as i want it to have a closer match to my 45ACP 1911. First, I have to locate a skilled gunsmith who would take on the project.

I ordered 5 being I shoot Steel and OBRAMS so the shipping wasn't too bad per mag on that order. I chose USPS Priority mail and I think it was 12 bucks, so that breaks down to 2.40 per mag, and that I could live with. See save money on shipping, order higher quantities.. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1