Sandy

Not good , not good.

I never thought this would eb a polarizing issue on NJGF, I figured most of us would, after the evidence came out showing Z injured and stuff, would support the guy who defended himself.

I hear you. I think there are some unanswered questions that will never get answered. There is certainly enough evidence to show reasonable doubt. If Martin was beating on him, maybe he really wasn't in danger of losing his life. However if you are in that situation, how long do you wait before you realize you're going to die. At that point it's probably too late to defend yourself. No one is thinking about that in the media, or in the Black Panthers, Obama, and everyone else that wants this to be a racial crime.

Addition info from right after the shooting.

http://usnews.msnbc....martin-shooting

Great, a super low-quality video that shows someone get out of a car. There is no way to tell WHO is actually getting out of the car, let alone if they're injured or not.

Great, a super low-quality video that shows someone get out of a car. There is no way to tell WHO is actually getting out of the car, let alone if they're injured or not.

Yep, but as you can see, it's already being against his claim that he was attacked.

Info concerning the 911-tapes. If this ever does go to trial, I see no way of Zimmerman getting a fare shake, whether he's right or wrong.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/30/10935360-trayvon-martin-case-mayor-says-police-resisted-release-of-911-tapes

Man oh man......... Way to go some of you.... I'm not going to name names, but thanks for showing your true colors. And oh yeah, just in case some of you didn't know, there ARE black people on this forum INCLUDING ME.... The undercover racists are coming out of the woodworks with this one on here. I mean, I've seen little questionable and slick remarks here and there in other threads but they were far and few in between so I just got over it. I'd read a comment somewhere on the forum and think to myself, "I wonder if this person knows black people are on this forum too...," and move on.

And before any of you go on a diatribe about the New Black Panther Party and Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Nutter, and all the other folks out there doing the same thing on the opposite side of the spectrum, I have just as much distaste for them doing what they are doing as I do for some of you. Am I saying all this because some of you support Zimmerman? Absolutely NOT. I'm saying all this because of the way you are supporting Zimmerman.

Now go ahead and negative rep this one to death and see if I care one bit.

Racism is a mental disease plain and simple.

Man oh man......... Way to go some of you.... I'm not going to name names, but thanks for showing your true colors. And oh yeah, just in case some of you didn't know, there ARE black people on this forum INCLUDING ME.... The undercover racists are coming out of the woodworks with this one on here. I mean, I've seen little questionable and slick remarks here and there in other threads but they were far and few in between so I just got over it. I'd read a comment somewhere on the forum and think to myself, "I wonder if this person knows black people are on this forum too...," and move on.

And before any of you go on a diatribe about the New Black Panther Party and Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Nutter, and all the other folks out there doing the same thing on the opposite side of the spectrum, I have just as much distaste for them doing what they are doing as I do for some of you. Am I saying all this because some of you support Zimmerman? Absolutely NOT. I'm saying all this because of the way you are supporting Zimmerman.

I think you're reading way to deep. From reading and being involved in this thread, I don't think anyone is being racist. What I do think is that from day one this has been MADE about race. The two involved are BOTH minorities, but the media is dubbing the hispanic a WHITE hispanic. The other issue is that it came out that Martin has some history in school. Just because that is brought to the forefront and discussed doesn't make anyone a racist. It shows that he is not afraid to do things that will get him in trouble which impacts on his character. As I have said in prior posts that opens the door to the fact that something might have happened to cause Zimmerman to truly defend himself. None of us know, and we will NEVER know what happened. Do you REALLY believe the cops would just not arrest this guy if they had proof it was a murder?

A few weeks ago 50 people were shot in Chicago, 10 dead and 40 wounded. There was a convenient store shooting, 6 shot I think 1 was killed. Then the kid who was doused in gasoline and lit on fire.. Some guy from Europe I think was murdered while he was here visiting. A 6 year old girl was shot and killed while on the Porch with her family on St. Patrick's day. I believe I just heard Chicago already has 150 deaths and its only April! Why isnt this pasted all over the news. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Trayvon's death regardless of what happened is a tragedy. Being just a kid makes it even more so. Please answer me why it deserves this attention over anything else??? The media has made this a racism issue and the President has now divided the country over it.

So I don't think you are seeing racism in this thread but I think you are seeing frustration over the fact it has been made a racism issue but no other tragedy's are being talked about at the presidential level. And that's why I am pissed when it CLEARLY IS NOT a racism driven crime.

• Like 1

Looks to me that in the media's frenzy over this story, they are potentially inciting racial violence. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Trayvon-Martin-Zimmerman-OReilly/2012/03/30/id/434406?s=al&promo_code=E905-1

Seems to me that the media and these "black leaders" are the ones who turned this into a race thing, unless I've been following different coverage than you have. Because of that, it's these "leaders" that you need to label as racists.

Seems to me that the media and these "black leaders" are the ones who turned this into a race thing, unless I've been following different coverage than you have. Because of that, it's these "leaders" that you need to label as racists.

Oh and I forget the "bounty" set out by the leaders of the Black Panthers. No racism shown there I guess, huh?

See bolded in quote

There is a big difference between calling for an investigation and saying that "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon" or "When I think of Trayvon, I think of my daughters". He took it to the next level and you cannot dispute that.

• Like 3

As far as the media and masses go - assuming racism is at play with this case just because the kid shot is black and the guy who shot him is not , IS NO BETTER than automatically assuming a black person is "suspicious" .

Both sides in this case are VERY guilty of assuming and stereotyping. Both. And when I say both "sides" I mean pro Zimmerman and pro Martin. Just to clarify.

• Like 2

The only thing is you all keep saying the president divided te country over this when a bunch of Republicans were also calling for an investigation. Can we discuss one issue on this forum without making it about Obama?

When that party tires to personalize it, as well as Politicize it, with a CLEARLY stated agenda of reducing firearm rights in this country you'd better be willing to have him in the discussion. MOST of the laws that are passed that infringe most heavily on our rights are in response to an "Incident" of some kind or another. There is a phrase that has been lin ked with this current Administration.."Never let a Crisis go to Waste". Without a Crisis they cant make a move on Gun Control, and they REALLY want to do so..never, EVER forget that.

As far as the media and masses go - assuming racism is at play with this case just because the kid shot is black and the guy who shot him is not , IS NO BETTER than automatically assuming a black person is "suspicious" .

Both sides in this case are VERY guilty of assuming and stereotyping. Both. And when I say both "sides" I mean pro Zimmerman and pro Martin. Just to clarify.

This whole mess is just another symptom of our "30-second Soundbite" Society. Everyone has been trained from childhood to expect instant results....You need to understand that people REALLY Dont understand the concept that television isn't reality.. Homicide investigations are started, finished, and prosecuted in 43 minutes, with convenient commercial breaks to pee and get a coke...I've said it before, and people think i'm joking, but you would NOT believe just how many times we have to hear "But they did XYZ on CSI/NCIS/Law and Order"

• Like 2

Sorry for bumping this thread again, since it's been dormant for the last few days, however I thought this was important to add.

Bozell Rejects NBC's False Apology | Media Research Center

April 4, 2012 - Last week, NBC’s “Today Show” doctored George Zimmerman’s 9-1-1 call so that his motive for shooting Trayvon Martin appeared racial. Over the weekend, NBC reported to The Washington Post that an investigation would be forthcoming after the Media Research Center exposed their fraud. It appears NBC’s investigation has been completed. Last night, NBC issued a two sentence explanation on it. Media Research President Brent Bozell says that this is as dishonest as the original piece.

"We reject this fraudulent apology,” said Bozell. “We're not surprised. After all, NBC 'investigated' itself. We again call on Comcast, not NBC, to investigate this matter -- thoroughly, honestly, and professionally.”

In NBC’s apology, they stated that an “error” was made and that they “deeply regret” it. "There was no 'error,' as if a 'mistake' was made. This was a willful distortion, deliberately taking the quotes out of context in order to twist their meaning and feed the narrative of a racist assault.

continue via

www.mrc.org

link submitted M. Kazmar

Read more: http://gloucestercit.../#ixzz1rHsvrk76

Who is assuming a black person is "suspicious?"

Who is assuming a black person is "suspicious?"

A majority of people who read the initial media reports assumed Zimmerman was suspicious of Martin becuase he was black. They accused Zimmerman of racial profiling JUST because he was not black. My point is that is no better or less "profiling" than what they are accusing Zimmerman of doing. Making presumptions based on the color of ones skin.

A majority of people who read the initial media reports assumed Zimmerman was suspicious of Martin becuase he was black. They accused Zimmerman of racial profiling JUST because he was not black. My point is that is no better or less "profiling" than what they are accusing Zimmerman of doing. Making presumptions based on the color of ones skin.

I don't understand your explanation. You said,

It sounds to me like you were accusing somebody of automatically assuming a black person is "suspicious" . It sounds to me like you were accusing Zimmerman. And, you used quotes around "suspicious." The context of the statement is pretty clear to me, it sounds like you thought somebody judged somebody suspicious because they were black.

It sounded to me like you were accusing Zimmerman

"This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black," Zimmerman says in the version of the tape that aired.

In the unedited version of the call, however, Zimmerman answers a question about Martin's race only after being specifically asked by the 911 dispatcher.

"This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or like he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about," Zimmerman said, without referring at all to Martin's race.

Only after the 911 dispatcher asks "black, white or Hispanic?" did Zimmerman reply "He looks black."

.... I hate the media.

I don't understand your explanation. You said,

It sounds to me like you were accusing somebody of automatically assuming a black person is "suspicious" . It sounds to me like you were accusing Zimmerman. And, you used quotes around "suspicious." The context of the statement is pretty clear to me, it sounds like you thought somebody judged somebody suspicious because they were black.

It sounded to me like you were accusing Zimmerman

No , sorry for the misunderstanding. I am saying that the media is guilty of racial profiling by assuming this is a hate crime solely based on the color of skin of the individuals involved. I find it ironic that the media has made this a poster case for racial profiling , when the assumption this is racially motivated solely based on the color of the shooters skin is the HEIGHT of racial profiling. They are throwing boulders in a glass house.

Does that clarify?