Sandy

Not good , not good.

The thing is, people aren't defending Zimmerman, myself included. Im not saying he is innocent, just trying to make out the most logical explanation using the facts. There are to many what if's to make any legitimate statement. My point is to ruffle the feathers when people start trying to make the story fit the facts.

You can come up with you're logical explanations and so can I. I wasn't saying you personally were defending him but from the 3 or so threads about this there are a lot of people who are. I'm pointing out my opinion and wondering why this wasn't handled differently. The unfortunate part is all we have to go on is Zimmerman's story...would live to hear Martin's side of it.

• Like 1

I've heard multiple times that people on neighborhood watch aren't supposed to be carrying a firearm.

So being on neighborhood watch relieves you of the right to protect yourself

The 911 operator tells him they don't need him to follow. I've heard the tapes. He says he's following she says we don't need to do that.

That to me is nothing more then the LEO relieving himself of liablity if he wanted zimmerman to stop following he would have said so.

An undercover cop would identify himself. Martin asks why are you following me. Zimmerman says what are you doing here and a struggle ensues according to the girlfriend who was still on the phone at the time.

Zimmerman IMO could have had the same option in detailing himself as neighborhood watch.

My point to this whole thing was Zimmerman called 911. Officers were en route. He no longer has a reason to follow yet still does.

Apparently the cops are slow at getting to this location.

• Like 1

Actually, at 17, i was being followed once, and my first thought was, CALL THE F'ING COPS. Pissed off the wrong guy on the highway i guess. You think i'm going to chance actually getting away? or dare i even think about turning around and confronting him. It doesn't sound like Martin was all that scared and running away.

I never said he was running away I said the opposite that he told his girlfriend he was walking faster.

I guess you and I will differ on the calling the cops as a teenager. It's something I wouldn't have personally done and I know some people have a distrust of the police because they're scared of being profiled.

I remember a story of a NY Giant that moved to Mahwah or some other upper class town in a great neighborhood. He went out for a run and the police followed him and started questioning him. He didn't have his ID since he was running and wound up getting taken in. I teach in Jersey City and I see their distrust of the police first hand. Just not something I see a 17 year old black kid doing.

I never said he was running away I said the opposite that he told his girlfriend he was walking faster.

I guess you and I will differ on the calling the cops as a teenager. It's something I wouldn't have personally done and I know some people have a distrust of the police because they're scared of being profiled.

I remember a story of a NY Giant that moved to Mahwah or some other upper class town in a great neighborhood. He went out for a run and the police followed him and started questioning him. He didn't have his ID since he was running and wound up getting taken in. I teach in Jersey City and I see their distrust of the police first hand. Just not something I see a 17 year old black kid doing.

I don't doubt that for one second. I'd like to hear more about the conversation he was having with his GF, if it did transpire during the entire event.

I could see if he was doing something wrong. He was just a black kid walking in a white neighborhood. That's the reason he was singled out in the first place.

50% of the community was white...hardy a white neighborhood.

Until more info is released, we don't really have much to go on. We're just being fed stories right now.

I don't doubt that for one second. I'd like to hear more about the conversation he was having with his GF, if it did transpire during the entire event.

The phone records corroborate her story. The call ended 5 minutes before police arrive. There's so much we'll never know.

They have Hispanic and white Hispanic now. Actually edit that - I believe it says Caucasian non Hispanic and a few other choices. I'm half Cuban and half Irish. I never know what the h$ll to check off.

I'm anxious to hear the rest of the 911 calls they are talking about.

They have Hispanic and white Hispanic now. I'm half Cuban and half Irish. I never know what the h$ll to check off.

Hispanic's can be white to be politically correct, they can also be black and everything else under the sun. don't mix up race and ethnicity.

So there's about 3 minutes we don't have accounted for although the gf states she hears a what sounded like a struggle.

Listen to Z 911 call. Z lost sight of Martin and started walking back to his car to meet with the cop coming to investigate the suspicious person call.

All Martin had to do was walk to his dad's girlfriends home. End of story no incident no news. But somehow between the end of Z's 911 call they and girlfriends call they met again.

Well since Martin knew where Z came from, why would he go back that way? Or maybe the 250 lb 5' 9" Z saw Martin and with his amazing speed was able to run and catch the 6' 3" 160 lb football player. Highly doubtful.

Martin came back after Z with an attitude. Punched him in the nose and was banging Zs head on the ground when he got shot.

Listen to Z 911 call. Z lost sight of Martin and started walking back to his car to meet with the cop coming to investigate the suspicious person call.

All Martin had to do was walk to his dad's girlfriends home. End of story no incident no news. But somehow between the end of Z's 911 call they and girlfriends call they met again.

Well since Martin knew where Z came from, why would he go back that way? Or maybe the 250 lb 5' 9" Z saw Martin and with his amazing speed was able to run and catch the 6' 3" 160 lb football player. Highly doubtful.

Martin came back after Z with an attitude. Punched him in the nose and was banging Zs head on the ground when he got shot.

Again you're taking Z's word on it. Who says he lost sight and doubled back he could've still been following. Maybe they ran into each other as Martin was trying to get away. We just don't know. You're stating your opinion as a fact when it really isn't.

• Like 1

It now looks like "little" Trayvan was not quite the sweet angel the liberal media has made him out to be. Why does the media continue to ONLY show pictures of him that are 4 years old and in 8th grade

and baby pictures?? The kid was 6'2" with an adult body, not a sweet little innocent boy he is protrayed to be.

This story is coming apart for Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and they are going to look like fools.

The President makes a foolish statement..."If I had a son, he would look like Trayvan." Looks like he will come to regret that statement.

• Like 1

Again you're taking Z's word on it. Who says he lost sight and doubled back he could've still been following. Maybe they ran into each other as Martin was trying to get away. We just don't know. You're stating your opinion as a fact when it really isn't.

Have you listened to Z's 911 call? Throughout he is calm. He walked after Martin and lost him then started walking back to his car.

Have you heard what the girlfriend said she heard on the phone?

Read post 19. I put together a timeline from the various stories.

http://njgunforums.c...good-crisesbho/

Listen to

Well, it took a bit longer than what I thought it would for the press to turn this into a polical and racial, but they didn't disappoint. This is starting to get really serious, now with Zimmerman having a bounty on his head.

6a00d8341bf7d953ef0168e9464705970c-320wi.jpg

March 26, 2012

CNBNEWS POINT OF VIEW: OBAMA’S PRESIDENCY HAS DONE LITTLE TO IMPROVE RACISM

by Bill Cleary

The New Black Panther Party has sent out a press release offering a $10,000 reward for the http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/.a/6a00d8341bf7d953ef0168e9464705970c-320wicapture and citizens arrest of George Zimmerman who shot Trayvon Martin last month in Sanford, Florida.

The 17-year-old boy, dressed in a "hoodie" hooded sweatshirt, was shot dead by a 28-year-old white Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer who said he was acting in self-defense.

Many black leaders are calling for the arrest of Zimmerman, but Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law allows people to use deadly force in self-defense.

Similar laws are in effect in at least 24 states including Florida, according to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Calls are mounting to repeal them. Earlier this week, a Florida state senator said he was drafting new legislation to drastically change the law in Florida.

President Barack Obama weighed in on the controversy on Friday, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said in his first comments about the shooting, acknowledging the racial element in the case.

When candidate Obama was elected to office many hoped that our country would see an improvement in relations between blacks, whites and other nationalities. Sad to say it appears having elected the first black President of the United States has done little to bring the races together. If anything relationship between the majority of ethnic groups has gotten worst.

January 17, 2011-Despite high public expectations that Barack Obama's presidency would improve race relations in the country, barely more than a third of Americans now say his tenure has made things better in this area, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. Overall, 35 percent say Obama has helped race relations, down from 58 percent who, in January 2009, expected them to improve as a result of the country's having its first black president.

Although there was no mention in the main stream media a 13-year-old Kansas City, Missouri boy was doused in gasoline and set on fire earlier this month. The teenager, who suffered first degree burns to his face and hands, is white and his two attackers black.

His mother Melissa Coon said the attackers told her son 'This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy'.

Police in Kansas City, Missouri said they are investigating the assault as a possible hate crime. Investigators said the assault took place as the teen walked home from East High School.

From the New Black Panther Party press release,

THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY FOR SELF DEFENSE, A U.S. BASED NATIONAL ACTIVIST GROUP, WITH SEVERAL CHAPTERS IN FLORIDA, ANNOUNCED TODAY THAT IT WAS OFFERING A $10,000 REWARD FOR THE CAPTURE AND ARREST OF GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, THE SHOOTER AND MURDERER OF THE UNARMED TRAYVON WILLIAMS.

THE REWARD MONEY IS FROM CHURCH MEMBERS, COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND ACTIVIST.

THE TRAYVON WILLIAMS CASE HAS SHOCKED THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF A NATION AND BROUGHT ABOUT A RACIAL VOLCANO AFTER 28 -YEAR OLD ZIMMERMAN SHOT AND KILLED YOUNG 17-YEAR OLD TRAYYVON WILLIAMS ON THE DATE OF FEBRUARY 26th.

ATTORNEY MALIK ZULU SHABAZZ, LEADER OF BLACK LAWYERS FOR JUSTICE AND THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY STATES:

“THE LEGAL FACT THAT THE POLICE DID NOT ARREST GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, AFTER OVERWHELMING PROBABLE CAUSE; OR EVEN CHECK HIS BACKGROUND OR INVESTIGATE THE CASE IS BOTH SHOCKING AND UNCONSCIOUSIONABLE AND EQUALLY UNNACEPTABLE.

IF THE TABLES WERE TURNED AND A BLACK MAN HAD STALKED AND GUNNED DOWN A WHITE YOUTH LIKE THAT, WITH THE 911 TAPES RUNNING, THAT BLACK MAN SURELY WOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED.”

CHAWN KWELI, NATIONAL SPOKESMAN OF THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY SAYS, “WE CAN NOT SIT BACK AS MEN AND ALLOW ZIMMERMAN TO REMAIN FREE AND ON THE LOOSE BECAUSE HE IS A DANGER TO HIMSELF AND OTHERS. WE DEMAND THE POLICE DO THEIR JOB AND ARREST AND CHARGE ZIMMERMAN WITH 1ST DEGREE MURDER. IN THE MEANWHILE WE MUST USE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AND FLORIDA LAW TO ORGANIZE A CITIZENS ARREST IN ORDER TO SEE THAT JUSTICE IS DONE.”

OUR GOAL IS TO INCREASE THE $10,000 REWARD UP TO $100,000.

Note: spelling errors in the press release were not corrected.

Read more: http://www.glouceste...e#ixzz1qJ9ULERh

For those that say or think this was race motivated, it was reported by friends of Zimmerman that not only did he have black friends, he and his wife actually tutored black children.

A black friend of his, who used to be an anchor for CNN, was on talking about what a good and caring person Zimmerman is and that he isn't racist.

Take from it what you will.

on another note, heard this morning that Schumer is asking Holder to look into the "Stand Your Ground Law", saying it may cause more bad than good.

For those that say or think this was race motivated, it was reported by friends of Zimmerman that not only did he have black friends, he and his wife actually tutored black children.

A black friend of his, who used to be an anchor for CNN, was on talking about what a good and caring person Zimmerman is and that he isn't racist.

Take from it what you will.

on another note, heard this morning that Schumer is asking Holder to look into the "Stand Your Ground Law", saying it may cause more bad than good.

Like I had said, I'm surprised it had taken so long for the race card to be played. It's always the 1st line of justification for those types of people who feel everything bad has happened to someone because of their race.