Sandy

Not good , not good.

That is exactly what I was afraid..the ripple effect that the Sheeple will ride happily. Already in the news I saw protests in Wisconsin comparing the case of a man who shot an intruder on his porch while his wife and children were in the house , to this case , and the people of Wisconsin proclaiming solidarity with the protesters on the Trayvon case.

I have had some change of heart since hearing additional evidence. It sounds on the FULL 911 tape ( as opposed to the excerpt versions aired previously) that Zimmerman says " ok" after the 911 operator says "we don't need you to do that" re: following the person . You can hear his breath slow as he is walking back to the car.

My take on it ( and we are still in the supposition stage here ) is the kid thought he was being followed , and he decided to confront.

Two bad decisions..

1) Zimmerman getting out of car ..if you are not trained as a security person or officer you are putting yourself both in legal and physical harms way if you choose to investigate a suspicious person. Mistake ? Yes. Crime? We don't know. But as more facts emerge it is edging towards "mistake" in my own opinion. And I am humble enough to admit I made some decisions on this before having all the facts. I doubt the liberal press will be so humble though.

Mistake 2) Trayvon deciding to confront someone he thought was stalking him. He lost Zimmerman at one point ..but still wound up engaging instead of running home to safety. Again , mistake probably rather than a crime. Kids of both colors are not strangers to being jumped by the opposite color . A black kid will be suspicious and on guard of a white person on his tail , same goes for a white kid being tailed by black individuals. It is what it is.

In my mind the moral of the story is you never know what the person you are confronting is capable of. Zimmerman did not know the tall lanky kid could totally kick his a$$ , and the kid did not know the short stocky white guy had a gun.

One life over , one probably ruined. Stay safe people.

• Like 1

This is it for me - this post will be my last on this matter.

Those that are shouting for "JUSTICE" are actually trying to subvert justice. This shooting took place more than a month ago. The police did an investigation and, obviously were satisfied that the evidence and eyewitness reports supported Z's story, so he walked. End of story - justice served.

What kind of message are these protesters sending? We don't like what was found? Ignore the facts of the case and give us his head? What they want is the antithesis of justice. Just sickens me to see these self-serving politicians weigh-in. First Obama and then yesterday Nutter of Philadelphia stated categorically that this was nothing more than an assassination, like he was there and witnessed the whole thing. He has a city that's a cesspool, with a murder rate of appx one per day and he's worried about a case that has already been investigated & cleared in Florida? Clean-up your own house first.

It'll be interesting to see how far all these people will be able to distance themselves from their remarks as all the facts come to light.

I'm done.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 6

When all this first broke I saw a wall full of posts on FB regarding the incident and calling for arrest etc. Not ONE post in 2 days now , nothing that mentions any new developments , nothing mentioning Zimmerman's black friend speaking on his good character , nothing about the integrated life he led .

I was glad to see the new developments covered on the Yahoo homepage. There is that at least.

Social media and the media circus in general will be the end of us.

I haven't read everything related to the case, but I'm with you. That was my 1st inclination when I heard that 1) he had a gun on town watch and 2) went against official advise. I think he was doing his "Rambo" bit and it bit him in the *ss.

You mean to tell me ANYONE on this forum, who had the ability to legally carry a firearm (pretend we arent in NJ), wouldn't arm him/herself while on their neighborhood watch? What dreamworld do you live in?

We would all carry to the dry cleaners if we could!!!!

• Like 1

This is it for me - this post will be my last on this matter.

Those that are shouting for "JUSTICE" are actually trying to subvert justice. This shooting took place more than a month ago. The police did an investigation and, obviously were satisfied that the evidence and eyewitness reports supported Z's story, so he walked. End of story - justice served.

What kind of message are these protesters sending? We don't like what was found? Ignore the facts of the case and give us his head? What they want is the antithesis of justice. Just sickens me to see these self-serving politicians weigh-in. First Obama and then yesterday Nutter of Philadelphia stated categorically that this was nothing more than an assassination, like he was there and witnessed the whole thing. He has a city that's a cesspool, with a murder rate of appx one per day and he's worried about a case that has already been investigated & cleared in Florida? Clean-up your own house first.

It'll be interesting to see how far all these people will be able to distance themselves from their remarks as all the facts come to light.

I'm done.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Couldn't Have been better said

Imagine if this guy Zimmerman ever does get put on trial. There's absolutely no way he will get fair trial in the US. For him or against him, everyone's mind is already made up. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

That's what everyone thought about the Casey Anthony case and we saw how that turned out.

If Zimmerman has to go to trial, the full 911 audio, the reluctance of the police dep't to arrest him, and the recent testimonies from eyewitnesses and friends, the lawyers already have enough material to raise doubt in the juror's minds.

Zimmerman may have bigger problems outside the courtroom rather than inside.

That's what everyone thought about the Casey Anthony case and we saw how that turned out.

If Zimmerman has to go to trial, the full 911 audio, the reluctance of the police dep't to arrest him, and the recent testimonies from eyewitnesses and friends, the lawyers already have enough material to raise doubt in the juror's minds.

Zimmerman may have bigger problems outside the courtroom rather than inside.

That's the sad part. This Black Panther crap is nothing more then revenge. I'm sure all they want to do is 'arrest' him.

The Black Panther thing is ridiculous. Isn't putting a bounty on someone like a terroristic threat or something? I just think people want to see a fair trial. A lot of people can't imagine shooting someone and just walking. This case could go both ways really depending on who you believe. There are witnesses that saw things differently and there's also the gf who was on the phone with Martin at the time. It's an interesting case to follow.

When all this first broke I saw a wall full of posts on FB regarding the incident and calling for arrest etc. Not ONE post in 2 days now , nothing that mentions any new developments , nothing mentioning Zimmerman's black friend speaking on his good character , nothing about the integrated life he led .

I was glad to see the new developments covered on the Yahoo homepage. There is that at least.

Social media and the media circus in general will be the end of us.

Isn't it funny how the sheeple follow the media; 3-4 weeks ago it was arrest Kony, and they found the invisible children is a scam and they stfu. Then the media painted this story to suit their needs, and now fb is dead, execept for a few friends who have common sense and don't jump on the bandwagon.

Does anyone know if Zimmerman has been offered protective custody or not? I can't imagine that's it's safe for him right now in the streets.

He can at the least he can "stand his ground" again.

Due to the high profile of this incident, I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of protective measures have already been instilled.

Isn't it funny how the sheeple follow the media; 3-4 weeks ago it was arrest Kony, and they found the invisible children is a scam and they stfu. Then the media painted this story to suit their needs, and now fb is dead, execept for a few friends who have common sense and don't jump on the bandwagon.

My FB was quiet in the early parts... now I'm going crazy on this. People have to stop thinking that the media is accurate. Let the cops do their jobs. They will arrest if a crime has been committed. There is NO WAY the cops would walk away from this if it was a murder.

No one is talking about the KC boy that was doused in gas and lit on fire... That was a pure hate crime. Oh but wait, that kid doesn't look like what Obama's son would look like so he doesn't feel it necessary to comment on that.

My friends are talking about the boy lit on fire, and the rape and murder of the 85 yo woman. But the media has brain washed a majority of the population, and sheeple can not formulate their own opinions. According to most media outlets, if you have more then 1 gun and a few rounds of ammo, you're some kind of domestic terrorist.

At first my fb blew up with people jumping on the bandwagon, oddly enough none of my army/military friends, just the civillians who have no real clue how the world works.

For those like me who did not know the meaning of this word and were afraid to ask :).

Sheeple (a portmanteau of "sheep" and "people") is a term of disparagement in which people are likened to sheep, a herd animal. The term is used to describe those who voluntarily acquiesce to a suggestion without critical analysis or research. By doing so, they undermine their own individuality and may willingly give up their rights

My friends are talking about the boy lit on fire, and the rape and murder of the 85 yo woman. But the media has brain washed a majority of the population, and sheeple can not formulate their own opinions. According to most media outlets, if you have more then 1 gun and a few rounds of ammo, you're some kind of domestic terrorist.

At first my fb blew up with people jumping on the bandwagon, oddly enough none of my army/military friends, just the civillians who have no real clue how the world works.

Yeah civilians don't know how the real world works...get over yourself.

• Like 1

I love how in one thread people attack a guy that's calling names and in another when someone doesn't agree we're labeled as "sheeple". I see a bad pattern on this forum. Either you agree with the 20-40 regular posters or you get attacked. It's pretty sad and it's why a lot of gun owners I know won't join the forum despite my efforts to get them to (they read through some posts and decided not to join). I've even talked to too business owners that wanted to sponsor the forum but have since changed their minds. Everyone has the right to their opinions and their theories as to what happened. You should respect that and debate in a civilized way. It's a shame us "adults" can't seem to do that.

• Like 1

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I was refering to the people on MY facebook. I never said anything about you in particular. I've been reading all the threads about this story, and you have a different view of it then the others who have posted. I haven't seen anyone say anything negative about you. But fine because you misinterpreted what I said; that was no way directed at you, I'll get over myself.

I did not mean anyone here , either when I said Sheeple. While we have had different views here we have been open minded about the debate.

I meant people who are sending petitions , spreading articles around social media , comparing him to a kid killed a few generations ago , going to protests and holding signs..all before the other side of the story had been released.

I would never do any of ^that without hearing both sides.

I love how in one thread people attack a guy that's calling names and in another when someone doesn't agree we're labeled as "sheeple". I see a bad pattern on this forum. Either you agree with the 20-40 regular posters or you get attacked. It's pretty sad and it's why a lot of gun owners I know won't join the forum despite my efforts to get them to (they read through some posts and decided not to join). I've even talked to too business owners that wanted to sponsor the forum but have since changed their minds. Everyone has the right to their opinions and their theories as to what happened. You should respect that and debate in a civilized way. It's a shame us "adults" can't seem to do that.

Not quite sure you were the target. The point trying to be made is that the majority out in the country formed an opinion that Zimmerman is a racist murderer. Calling him whitey, when he isn't even white. I don't care how "white" his skin is. He is a hispanic. He is a minority. They also portrayed this now proven "punk" into a saint. I see the attorney, his family, friends, and most media saying oh you can't take his records into consideration. Why?? That proves his character. With a character like that could there be a possibility this punk decided to go back and confront Zimmerman and start with him. Yes. Its actually a good possibility with someone who likes to break the rules... the law.

That's where the sheeples come in. The ones that formed their opinion prior to all the real facts, not what CNN puts out. We will never know what really happened, but I am kind of tired of the president and the media, causing these uproars only to forward political agenda's. For Sharpton and Jackson... this is all facetime to stroke their egos. They contribute nothing. Let the police and the justice system handle it.

• Like 1

It kind of reminds me of the AZ shooting. Within 10 minutes everyone was blaming a stupid poster put out by Palin's campaign of a target with names on it , one of them being the senator shot..meanwhile the killer had probably never even seen the poster . And there were no retractions over the absolute media attack on Palin's poster , which went to such great lengths as to call her responsible , when it turned out the killer was a registered independent , hated Georg W , and was more into the movie Zeitgest than any GOP propaganda.

Democrats are allowed to be gun owners too.

http://democratsforgunownership.org/

Right, but it kinda hurts the media narrative that this guy is some evil racist Republican gun owner out to murder little black boys for the Ice Tea and Skittles...