dtown223

Youth firearms training

No sure about CR but I think some of the clubs do have a youth shooters program, I know OBRPC does but probably a little further away from you than would be worth it to join, but tossing it out there just in case you didn't know. That and maybe one of the clubs closer to you has something like that.

Also you could always do a NRA first steps class, Anthony at GFH might be a good place to start with.

Oh and good job, not only getting the wife but your kid involved, after all our children are the next generation that will fight and keep our sport going.

Thanks for the info,

I've got the kid trained to recite the rules of safety from memory on command, and starting to introduce him to the rifle, go over some basics

I'm pretty sure I'm more exited than they are, buy at least it's a great reason to buy a new gun!!

Haven't had too much success getting the ball rolling on this, CR hasn't really sparked any excitement :(

As far as I knew, TRPC is closed to new members, so we couldn't go practice there.

On top of that, I've got a new member of the tribe due in about a month, so time, and spare cash will be two things l'll have very little of! :)

Congratulations on the upcoming addition!!! January 9th is their next Junior Rifle class it is $30. for 6 weeks, ages 10-17 welcome and parents do not need to be a member. Just signed my two up. The classes run every 6 weeks and you need to just drop in on a class at 7:30 on a Wed. for info.

i work with kids alot. the club im in hosts a youth outdoor day and hold a nra day where we give kids a lessons and its all free. we also run basic classes for pistol, rifle and shotgun at different times of the year.

www.sjyouthoutdoorday.org

no date set for 2013

we are also on the planning stages of another event but it may be members kids and grandkids only. not sure yet

all located in salem county

i work with kids alot. the club im in hosts a youth outdoor day and hold a nra day where we give kids a lessons and its all free. we also run basic classes for pistol, rifle and shotgun at different times of the year.

www.sjyouthoutdoorday.org

no date set for 2013

we are also on the planning stages of another event but it may be members kids and grandkids only. not sure yet

all located in salem county

Thanks very much Shawn!

Salem county's a bit if a haul for me, but maybe I'll do a little road trip in the late spring!

Your 12 year old boy should be joining a nearby Boy Scout troop. Not only will he get great firearms (at least rifle and shotgun) at summer camp and other times, but he'll learn outdoor skills, how to talk with other kids and adults, how to be a leader, etc. Best of both worlds.

Your 12 year old boy should be joining a nearby Boy Scout troop. Not only will he get great firearms (at least rifle and shotgun) at summer camp and other times, but he'll learn outdoor skills, how to talk with other kids and adults, how to be a leader, etc. Best of both worlds.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Fantastic post my friend! I couldn't agree more!

Dave

NRA Life Member

NRA Instructor

BSA Rifle and Shotgun Merit Badge Counselor

Eagle Scout Dad