Zell959

Lightest non-magnified optics for AR-15: Anything even close to Aimpoint H1?

So, I'm currently researching my optic choice for a lightweight upper and, based on info I've gathered so far, it looks like the Aimpoint H-1 is presently in a class of it's own, unless I'm missing something.

Aimpoint H1 w/o mount: 3.0 oz

Larue lightweight H1 mound: 1.7 oz

Total: 4.7 oz

Aimpoint Pro w/integrated mound: 11.6 oz

Eotech XPS3 w/built in mount: 8 oz

Trijicon RX30: 8.2 oz

I realize matters of ounces seem like they wouldn't matter than much in aggregate, but I'm just curious if there is anything else on the market that comes close to the weight of the H1, as it seems to weigh less than 40% of the competing optics [that I thought to compare it with]

The closest is probably the Primary Arms Micro Dot. https://www.primarya...ase_p/md-06.htm

But, based on the other sights you have listed, it's not exactly in the same category.

The Trijicon RMR is probably the lightest of all them at under 2 oz:

http://www.trijicon....uct1.php?id=RMR

A corresponding mount (ADM, etc) will add about 2.5-3oz.

Appreciate the suggestions gentlemen.

I wasn't too specific in laying out my criteria, but one thing I'm looking for with this optic would be the ability to have a lower 1/3rd cowitness over a fixed front sight. I had looked at the RMR, but decided against it when I wasn't able to find a tall enough mount to make it a lower 1/3. I did find some mounting options that would give it an abolute co-witness, but I don't think I'd really care for that.