zoid

Sig and HK owners, why did you feel it was worth paying more for your gun?

Just new fmj 180gr some 165gr probably did a lil over 4,500 through each..should say havent had anymore problems with the m&p

Thats just bloody odd, I've seen Glock frames break .. at over 50k rounds, and I haven't yet seen an M&P break a block, I'm guessing they had some bad metal in that batch. I think I recently passed 12k or so through my M&P

Thats just bloody odd, I've seen Glock frames break .. at over 50k rounds, and I haven't yet seen an M&P break a block, I'm guessing they had some bad metal in that batch. I think I recently passed 12k or so through my M&P

freak things happen....i've probably passed 5k through myM&P with no problems since i've replaced the locken block

glocks breaking after 50K rounds?

interesting. I also heard some HK have a life span of 20K rounds.

not sure if that's true or not.

The recoil springs are supposed to be good for 20k rounds before replacement. HK has a service life of far far beyond 20k rounds.

This is just a personal question on why HK/Sig owners felt it was worth

spending extra money your Sigs or HKs or other "Premium" brands over

lower cost brands like Glock and S&W M&Ps.

What was your reason for justifying the bigger price tag?

Own 4 Glocks,3HKs,Sig220,FNP45 & MP45.In retrospect HKs & Glocks worth every penny spend on.

Rest unfortunately not,

Price of HKs,isn't easy to justify.

I have always been a HK fan since I started shooting guns. After a few years of shooting mostly HK's I bought a Glock or 2. In a one sentence summary, both guns go "Bang" everytime you pull the trigger but the HK does it in a more refined manner. Think Audi vs Volkswagen (and before I get cr@p for being a VW basher, I have a VW Passat that I really enjoy driving daily). Personally, I think the HK is worth the extra money (and I cant say the same for Audi).

Own 4 Glocks,3HKs,Sig220,FNP45 & MP45.In retrospect HKs & Glocks worth every penny spend on.

Rest unfortunately not,

Price of HKs,isn't easy to justify.

I am trying to understand this. Glocks are around the same price as the M&P and FN, and all are polymer frame with steel slides. Did those guns fail to function reliably for you to say they weren't worth it. The M&P has the Glock beat in grip ergonomics. Pointability goes either way, depending on shooter preference. And with the HK, it would need to be substantially better than the Glock to justify its price.

Lets talk abut price for a second. I think this part of the equation is HIGHLY subjective. I am by no means a wealthy man but in my opinion and for me, anything under 1500 bucks is truly inexpensive. As I have said in other threads, in the big picture the firearm its self is usually the smaller part of the equation. Its a one time expense and if you amortise it over a lifitime or shooting career or the life of the weapon, its a small number. But training, shooting, competitions etc etc is an expense that never stops. So say 1 class a year at $250, 2000 rounds of ammo for a year as a non reloader at say $750 over 20 years, thats $20,000! Pistol cost over 20 years @ 650 to 1500 looks rather small in this picture dont it?

As many know I research research research, test test test and then buy the best I can afford with a buy once cry once position on the subject.

In the case of the HK, Sig, Glock, FN, M&P your buying thefeature set you like best and the one that fits you well. So there is no best, only whats best for you! They are all good for one reason or another.

• Like 2

First pistol I ever purchased was a p30 9mm a month ago. Compared to other pistols I shot, The HK P30 lem V1 shot the best for me and thats what really mattered. The look of the pistol was also very appealing to me as well. This handgun has been so far super reliable and feels amazing in the hand. I have a few hundred rounds through it and not one malfunction so far.

I went with HK because of their track record (although glock and other brands are reliable as well) and so far i am happy.

I am trying to understand this. Glocks are around the same price as the M&P and FN, and all are polymer frame with steel slides. Did those guns fail to function reliably for you to say they weren't worth it. The M&P has the Glock beat in grip ergonomics. Pointability goes either way, depending on shooter preference. And with the HK, it would need to be substantially better than the Glock to justify its price.

Ergonomics,pointability of striker fired Glocks&hammer fired HKs USP,P30 & HK45C best for me.

None other HGs I own ever fail on range,I just don't like them as much.

As far as price,I live only once............

Ergonomics,pointability of striker fired Glocks&hammer fired HKs USP,P30 & HK45C best for me.

None other HGs I own ever fail on range,I just don't like them as much.

As far as price,I live only once............

Cool. I guess it always comes down to preference. I love my CZ's even though I know that striker triggers are easier to train with than DA/SA. I am hoping for the best with my new FNP-45 USG. I have held them before and everything I have read made me decide to buy one. At least I can have it and the CZ85 Combat cocked and locked, effectively making them SA.

Lets talk abut price for a second. I think this part of the equation is HIGHLY subjective. I am by no means a wealthy man but in my opinion and for me, anything under 1500 bucks is truly inexpensive. As I have said in other threads, in the big picture the firearm its self is usually the smaller part of the equation. Its a one time expense and if you amortise it over a lifitime or shooting career or the life of the weapon, its a small number. But training, shooting, competitions etc etc is an expense that never stops. So say 1 class a year at $250, 2000 rounds of ammo for a year as a non reloader at say $750 over 20 years, thats $20,000! Pistol cost over 20 years @ 650 to 1500 looks rather small in this picture dont it?

As many know I research research research, test test test and then buy the best I can afford with a buy once cry once position on the subject.

In the case of the HK, Sig, Glock, FN, M&P your buying thefeature set you like best and the one that fits you well. So there is no best, only whats best for you! They are all good for one reason or another.

Great point! And to add to this the gun does hold its value if it's a decent brand. So really the cost of

gun less resale value amortized over that many years. The competitions, ammo, classes can never be

recouped.

But please don't remind me ever again how much money I spend on ammo, competitions, and other

costs that I'll never get back, hahaha!

first off, $1500 is EXPENSIVE. period.

second, when i bought my HK, it was the same price as the glock 21 i bought at the same time. i bought it just because i wanted it. i didnt need it to make me feel better or to have some snobbish 'i paid more for my guns so im better then you' attitude that many have

• Like 1

first off, $1500 is EXPENSIVE. period.

second, when i bought my HK, it was the same price as the glock 21 i bought at the same time. i bought it just because i wanted it. i didnt need it to make me feel better or to have some snobbish 'i paid more for my guns so im better then you' attitude that many have

I highly doubt many people buy Hk to be snobbish. When I bought my slightly used SVI, the last thing on my mind was "Oh wow, i'm awesome cause I spent so much money on an SVI."

In the world of guns, $1500 really is quite reasonable for a quality, purpose built gun.

$850 for an Hk is not as out of the ball park considering you have Springfield XDm at $720 (5.25" models) right now, new Gen 4's are $600, Sigs over $900 for certain models.

At the same time, you buy a glock, add in night sights, trigger enhancements and you are over $850 anyway.

To the same tune, we can say we are all snobs for owning glocks, m&p's, berretta's because we do not buy Lorcins and Hi points.

Expensive is a relative term.

Just like everyone on the highway who drives slower than you is an idiot and everyone who's faster than you is surely a maniac... Everyone who's paying more for his guns than you do is an elitist and a snob, and everyone who likes to pay less for his guns is a cheapskate!

Edit: phone typos

• Like 1

Just like everyoneone the highway who drives slower than you is an idiot and everyone who's faster than you is surely a maniac... Everyone who's paying more for his guns than you do is an elitist and a snob, and everyone likes to pay for his guns less is a cheapskate!

What makes HK's plastic 400 dollars more than Glocks/M&Ps/XDs?

ray ray, it is only $100 more than XD, and $250 over Glocks and m&p's.

the difference is, over those two, better ergonomics, hammer fired gun.

How much are these pistols? From cheapest to most expensive?

Just like everyoneone the highway who drives slower than you is an idiot and everyone who's faster than you is surely a maniac... Everyone who's paying more for his guns than you do is an elitist and a snob, and everyone likes to pay for his guns less is a cheapskate!

love george carlin! :)

The new XDm 5.25 models are mid $700's. msrp of $800.

heard me right pappi.

Dude, he's trollin' you. He knows damn well how much the guns cost. And if he didn't, its a quick trip to Bud's to figure it out.