noons

Build your own

I just crunched some math, with my lower and buying a preassembled RRA upper im looking at right at 1000.

Keep in mind thats without ANY optics (iron sights or holos etc), mags, with relatively cheap stock, and whatever it will cost to have the muzzle pinned.

You can continue to cut corners buy getting a cheaper upper, cheaper parts kits, basic handguards etc.

My advice, set a budget, build one on paper with the options you want, then compromise until you are happy.

Good advice, except I would start without the budget, but with building your ideal gun on paper and price it out with some online windows shopping. When that makes you choke, it makes it easier to know which parts you need, want, and really want. At least for me.

Your first build serves a few reasons:

1. You gain knowledge on ARs from parts to terminology

2. How it works, how to fix it (if something happens)

3. Familiarize with prices & manufacturers

4. At the end no one knows you new "friend" like you do bc you brought it to existence.

Next time around, you can buy a fully made one or partially made and know if the price(s) and parts are worth it.