Sign in to follow this  
MarkWVU02

Magpul Art of the Tactical Carbine

Picked up these videos to check out. Really good. Can't wait to try some of this stuff out once I join Cherry Ridge (I know the run and gun stuff is a no no but there is other stuff). Would love to take a class like that. The instructor (whose name slips my mind) is great. Keeps things simple enough to understand but all the info is useful and presented well.

Anyone view these yet? What were your thought?

I have Vol. 1, as there is a lot more value compared to Vol. 2, IMO. Volume 2 goes far more in-depth while Volume 1 really focuses and builds on the fundamentals... and the value is there because, seemingly, every instructor will teach the more advanced work differently while the fundamentals are pretty much the same across the board. Like you noted, Travis and Chris are great instructors, together, and really present the material in an engaging and concise manner-- and makes Volume 1 worth having if someone is interested in that sort of stuff.

Further, Volume 1 does include some more advanced work in the latter DVDs, and its enough to get the point across that there is a wide gap between the basics and more advanced mechanics (regardless of how they are taught).

Picked up these videos to check out. Really good. Can't wait to try some of this stuff out once I join Cherry Ridge (I know the run and gun stuff is a no no but there is other stuff). Would love to take a class like that. The instructor (whose name slips my mind) is great. Keeps things simple enough to understand but all the info is useful and presented well.

Anyone view these yet? What were your thought?

Just got them last weekend and are working through them now.