Jackruf

Are Foregrips Illegal in NJ?

SG won't ship AR barrels to NJ either.

AIM wants an NJ FID car on file.. (other places too).

Surplus Ammo and Arms won't ship to NJ..

some other places won't ship collapsible stocks to NJ...

Ya know, it may be OK but if the vendor doesn't wnat to do business in NJ.............Oh Well.

I'm still trying to figure out why Ammo Man won't ship in NJ since he's already here........

Ammoman wont ship to Jersey due to FID reasons. Out of state vendors are not legally required to see an FID and keep a record for the sales of pistol ammo to NJ residents whereas he is. Guess he has enough out of state sales that its not worth the hassle.

Ammoman wont ship to Jersey due to FID reasons. Out of state vendors are not legally required to see an FID and keep a record for the sales of pistol ammo to NJ residents whereas he is. Guess he has enough out of state sales that its not worth the hassle.

Good cover story, but Eric the Ammocrook has not shipped to NJ addresses since long before the law that makes FID necessary for handgun ammo purchases.

My guess is that Scammoman does not want to mess around with collecting sales tax.

I have no interest in giving him my money. I do not necessarily feel the need to convince others to follow. But, I would suggest a little research before blindly doing business with someone.

2. Any firearm manufactured under any designation, which is substantially identical to any of the

firearms listed in paragraph 1 above. As used in this definition, the term "substantial" means

pertaining to the substance, matter, material or essence of a thing and the term "identical" means

exactly the same. Hence, a firearm is substantially identical to another only if it is identical in all

material, essential respects. A firearm is not substantially identical to a listed assault firearm unless

it is identical except for differences that do not alter the essential nature of the firearm.

The following are examples of manufacturer changes that do not alter the essential nature of the

firearm: the name or designation of the firearm; the color of the firearm; the material used to make

the barrel or stock of the firearm; the material used to make a pistol grip; and a modification of a

pistol grip. This is not an exclusive list. A semi-automatic firearm should be considered to be

"substantially identical," that is, identical in all material respects, to a named assault weapon if it

meets the below listed criteria:

i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; and

(5) A grenade launcher;

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

Even so, why would he care what the law is in NJ? If he is in MN?

I guess he doesn't want civil liability. For selling you a component that you added to an illegal gun, then went psycho and killed someone with it.

Not sure if this makes any sense, but that's par for the course.

2. Any firearm manufactured under any designation, which is substantially identical to any of the

firearms listed in paragraph 1 above. As used in this definition, the term "substantial" means

pertaining to the substance, matter, material or essence of a thing and the term "identical" means

exactly the same. Hence, a firearm is substantially identical to another only if it is identical in all

material, essential respects. A firearm is not substantially identical to a listed assault firearm unless

it is identical except for differences that do not alter the essential nature of the firearm.

The following are examples of manufacturer changes that do not alter the essential nature of the

firearm: the name or designation of the firearm; the color of the firearm; the material used to make

the barrel or stock of the firearm; the material used to make a pistol grip; and a modification of a

pistol grip. This is not an exclusive list. A semi-automatic firearm should be considered to be

"substantially identical," that is, identical in all material respects, to a named assault weapon if it

meets the below listed criteria:

i. A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:;

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; and

(5) A grenade launcher;

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

just the foregrip itself doesn't fall into illegal category

Again: A foregrip does not extend conspicuously beneath the action. A forgrip is mounted on the handguard on the fore end of the rifle. The quote above, from the NJAC is NOT applicable in this thread. Please stop confusing the issue.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Again: A foregrip does not extend conspicuously beneath the action. A forgrip is mounted on the handguard on the fore end of the rifle. The quote above, from the NJAC is NOT applicable in this thread. Please stop confusing the issue.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

as you noticed though, different vendors have different interpretations or understanding on what justifies a foregrip, hence the no shipping to NJ policy.

as you noticed though, different vendors have different interpretations or understanding on what justifies a foregrip, hence the no shipping to NJ policy.

Then why do they sell them at all? Someone might put one on a pistol's light rail, and create an NFA weapon illegally. You-tube is full of idiots who don't know better doing just that and advertising it.

Then why do they sell them at all? Someone might put one on a pistol's light rail, and create an NFA weapon illegally. You-tube is full of idiots who don't know better doing just that and advertising it.

again, you got vendors that will sell you anything, and then there are the ones who are overly cautious on what and where to sell, specially to NJ and other commie states. it's all about the mighty (well, at one time) dollar and how much they trust their legal department.

So here is what I do when I run into this issue with vendors:

1) Call them, ask them why the policy, attempt to educate them

2) If that fails I inform them that I will stop purchasing anything at all from them, they will lose all my business, and my next step is various forums where I will explain my unpleasant experience

Sooner or later they'll wake up.