keithco88

Good experience w/gunbroker?

I'm thinking of buying a shotgun through them that I can't find locally. The whole thing is new to me, I usually use Davidson's but they don't have what I want.

Anything to be wary of with gunbroker? People have generally positive experiences?

I did some searches and people referenced looking at it and using it a lot; so I'm kinda optimistic but thought I'd ask. It seems like ebay for guns :-)

Also the seller is in AK, is there anything sketchy about the international transit likely to happen across Canada?

What gun can't you find through the vendors in NJ and on this forum that you have to buy it from a guy in Alaska?

Personally, I have used gunbroker, and most transactions were ok. If New, no big issues, if used, well, buyer beware. You can't look at the item before buying it.

Use the price request feature, odds are, one of the vendors on this forum can get it for you.

What gun can't you find through the vendors in NJ and on this forum that you have to buy it from a guy in Alaska?

Personally, I have used gunbroker, and most transactions were ok. If New, no big issues, if used, well, buyer beware. You can't look at the item before buying it.

Use the price request feature, odds are, one of the vendors on this forum can get it for you.

thanks Maks...i totally forgot about that and was calling people...guess I'll have another beer :-)

My FFL has a lot of shotguns for sale. I am sure there are other dealers on here who have plnety of new/used shotguns for sale. Ever go to Cabellas in PA? They have a TON of used guns for sale. You didn't mention if this is a new gun or used gun you are looking for.

As far as Gun Broker goes, I have bought a lot of guns through them and have been perfectly happy with all of them.

Yeah, i usually only use FFL's on there or people with good feedback. Purchased 2 of my pistols from gunbroker, everything i want is always out of stock. Def. use other sources though, as pricing on items is not always the best on there. Local shops seem to make out either way with the transfer fee's they charge these days.

I used gunbroker for piecing together my AR. Good experience. Like said above its basically the ebay for firearms.

Whenever I'm online looking at gun prices I always, literally always go to gun broker.

If it's being shipped from Alaska it will most likely not even touch down in Canada. Most likely it will be flown into the US.

My first 2 handgun purchases were on Gun Broker, 2 used revolvers, and the transactions were perfect. The two revolvers were EXACTLY as pictured

and described, which was MINT unused condition. My 3rd handgun purchase was from Sportsman Center in Bordentown, NJ

Bought my Glock 19 from a store in AZ through GunBroker. Bought it, got a call the next day, charged my credit card, arrived a few days later. I'd feel comfortable buying a new gun on Gunbroker, but used...kind of weary about it. I'd probably save buying used on there for items where I can only get them there and am having serious problems getting them locally.

And as others said, I'd use the "Price Request" feature on this board first before going any further for used stuff.

Bought my Glock 19 from a store in AZ through GunBroker. Bought it, got a call the next day, charged my credit card, arrived a few days later. I'd feel comfortable buying a new gun on Gunbroker, but used...kind of weary about it. I'd probably save buying used on there for items where I can only get them there and am having serious problems getting them locally.

And as others said, I'd use the "Price Request" feature on this board first before going any further for used stuff.

I am just the opposite. I look for new stuff with Forum sponsors. I look for the used goodies from GunBroker.com, GunsAmerica.com (that site I am cautious about), and the NJGF Classifieds.

I've had good experiences with gunbroker, but really it's about the seller, not the listing service. For example, there's this one vendor.. rhymes with ton80. I would trust the guy to get me what I buy eventually 100%. I trust the guys claims that he is selling from stocked items 0%. What's even worse is that whatever method he uses to get the items, at least in the past, he's far from the guy getting stock first when there is a backlog.

I've bought a lot, and haven't been ripped off yet, but there have been a couple doosies when it comes to getting my money back. I'd say about 80% good painless transactions, 10% bad inventory management, 10% flakes who shouldn't be running a business.

I bought two guns within a week of each other off gunbroker a few years back (it was before OGAM, and I was surprised that I didn't have the urge to sell either of them to any gang-bangers). Both were FFLs, so I can't speak with regards to private sellers, but both transactions were smooth. The two guns were my 9mm EMP and my Dan Wesson CBOB, neither of which I could find locally at the time nor could I order them for the prices I paid, even with the transfer fees at the NJ dealers.

Would definitely recommend gunbroker if you can't get something locally or if you can't get it locally cheap enough.

You must ship to an FFL. Since it is a long gun, you may ship via US Mail. Send it priority with tracking. I would avoid using any FFL that will not accept shipments from individuals. They seem to be mostly in non-free states like ours (i.e. Mass, Cali, New York). If the FFL only accepts from other FFLs you will have to deal with the additional expense of a transfer fee, which in NJ can range from $15 to $100.

If you do ship US Mail, it is helpful to bring a printed copy of the regulations with you. The lady at my post office almost made a pudding pie in her shorts when I explained I was shipping a rifle, opened up the box and asked if she wanted to make sure it was not loaded.