JaredC

got Invited to see a huge collection today....awsome experience

I was invited to a nice home in wayne to see an entire gun and military collection. He had at least 75 WW1 and WW2 guns nicely mounted in his gun room. I asked what his favorite beer was and brought a 6 pack and he literally gave me a ww2 gun history lesson and explained everything over some cold beers.... Some incredible stuff... newspapers...flags..articles... few m1's with one having a grenade launcher attachment....... handguns... one of the last 50 of some handgun made with paperwork...sks rifles... im still new into this hobby and cant remember most of the stuff... but it was an awsome experience to say the least...

Garands are fun to shoot. Ask him to bring a 1903 Springfield too. They are terrific bolt action rifles. Pretty soon you won't even like black rifles. you will only want to shoot the classic stuff.

• Like 1

few m1's with one having a grenade launcher attachment...a bunch of carbines...

I think you should not post anything about this collection ever again....if anyone is reading you might get your acquaintance into a lot of trouble. I'm sorry I had to think that way, but here we are...

I know 3 people in my area with carbines, they're all sitting on multi-year sentences if anyone ever found out....

Garands are fun to shoot. Ask him to bring a 1903 Springfield too. They are terrific bolt action rifles. Pretty soon you won't even like black rifles. you will only want to shoot the classic stuff.

i want to buy all the ww2 guns for my collection.... but apparantley there are a few i can not get unless i have a ffl and some special permits

I think you should not post anything about this collection ever again....if anyone is reading you might get your acquaintance into a lot of trouble. I'm sorry I had to think that way, but here we are...

I know 3 people in my area with carbines, they're all sitting on multi-year sentences if anyone ever found out....

well this guy has a ffl...special licenses...etc..ex military high rank... everything he has is legal...

Just so you know, a gun doesn't have to be an M1 Carbine to be considered a carbine. He didnt say M1 Carbine, he just said he has a bunch of carbines.

Just so you know, a gun doesn't have to be an M1 Carbine to be considered a carbine. He didnt say M1 Carbine, he just said he has a bunch of carbines.

he had a nice jap carbine that i would like to buy,,,, is that nj compliant?

The Grenade Launcher attachment for a Garand is a Slip/Clip on device that goes over the muzzle to use Rifle grenades..it doesnt make it an issue under the AWB IMO

• Like 1

Arisaka by any chance? Totally legal

he had so many guns on the walls i was in awe.... i know he has guns with the "christhanium" spelt that wrong but i hope you get the idea.... jap handguns that look like the german luger... bunch of "mas" rifles? it was a bad a** collection... next time i go there to bs with him ill ask if i can take a picture to show you guys...

The Grenade Launcher attachment for a Garand is a Slip/Clip on device that goes over the muzzle to use Rifle grenades..it doesnt make it an issue under the AWB IMO

it had a fake grenade in it i know and he doesnt keep anything loaded... it was an awsome collection... his son out of state has the m1 carbines and all the other non nj complaint guns....

how much is something like that worth? rare? i know it needs to shoot a special round of which he had boxes of as well

he had so many guns on the walls i was in awe.... i know he has guns with the "christhanium" spelt that wrong but i hope you get the idea.... jap handguns that look like the german luger...Nambu bunch of "mas" rifles? French - bolt action is most likely a model 1936, and semi auto a model 1949 (or 49-56) it was a bad a** collection... next time i go there to bs with him ill ask if i can take a picture to show you guys...

I'm jelly as all hell. You lucky bastard. :p

he pulled out a presentation pointer and was giving me the world war history lesson over a beer.... def. a nice experience with a lot of information.... there was so much info...

yea they were a bunch of french mas rifles...

he had one that was a circle bolt... you pull back a circle loop... very unusual... hes not selling anything.. collects only..

Could be a Swiss Schmitt-Rubin rifle, models 1889, 89/11, 1911, K11, or K31 all used that design

Could be a Swiss Schmitt-Rubin rifle, models 1889, 89/11, 1911, K11, or K31 all used that design

just looked that up on the web.... thats the design... he has a few of those .. showed me some crazy rare one