Sign in to follow this  
DblEGT

Range Trip today with new SW M&P 22 !!

My new Smith&Wesson M&P 22 performed absolutely STELLAR today on its first outing at the Easton Fish & Game Range. Ran through an entire box of CCI Blazer bulk pack (525 rounds) to break it in. Smooth shooter, very high build quality, and incredibly well weighted and balanced. Oh, and NOT ONE FAILURE TO FEED OR FAILURE TO EJECT !!!

I'm extrememly pleased the way it ran today. The only thing is that the sights need to be fine-tuned and adjusted so that they shoot accurate. Right now they are WAY off ..... not even close. The next time I go to EFGA, I'll spend an hour and zero in the sights to perfection. I plan on taking my son's bi-pod and attaching it to the picatinney rail so that I'll have better control while I fine-tune the sights.

Anyway, VERY pleased with the M&P 22. Anyone on the fence regarding this gun should get off the fence and just get it....YOU'LL LOVE IT !!!!

wow, must took you a long time to squeeze off 500 rounds...

Well, we actually were running two guns.... a 9mm Beretta 92A1, and the M&P 22. It was myself and my two children.

Actually it took us about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to go thru 525 rounds of .22 and 150 rounds of 9mm. The kids were practically fighting over the new .22, and with .22 ammo so cheap, it was great not to have to worry about the costs of shooting. You certainly at least think about the cost with the 9mm.

ALOT of fun, and the kids loved it too !

My new Smith&Wesson M&P 22 performed absolutely STELLAR today on its first outing at the Easton Fish & Game Range. Ran through an entire box of CCI Blazer bulk pack (525 rounds) to break it in. Smooth shooter, very high build quality, and incredibly well weighted and balanced. Oh, and NOT ONE FAILURE TO FEED OR FAILURE TO EJECT !!!

I'm extrememly pleased the way it ran today. The only thing is that the sights need to be fine-tuned and adjusted so that they shoot accurate. Right now they are WAY off ..... not even close. The next time I go to EFGA, I'll spend an hour and zero in the sights to perfection. I plan on taking my son's bi-pod and attaching it to the picatinney rail so that I'll have better control while I fine-tune the sights.

Anyway, VERY pleased with the M&P 22. Anyone on the fence regarding this gun should get off the fence and just get it....YOU'LL LOVE IT !!!!

This is not a wise a** remark at all. I am new to this and just got my SR22 a few weeks ago. How do you know its the sights that are off and not you? I did well with my little Ruger but I do want to verify the sights are setup properly.

Hi Eddie....No problem, and good question.

I could vary in my accuracy, but again at only 7 yards to be off at least 1 to 1.5 feet? Shouldn't be anywhere near that inaccurate.

Also, i rested the gun on the table for about 8-10 shots to see if it was any better .... same thing.

So while I agree there is always an amount of shooter variation, at 7 yds its almost impossible to be that bad. :-) LOL

My M&P22 was also off by a little bit when I got it a few weeks ago. It was off by maybe 6 inches, nothing huge. I started from 7 yrds and started to fine tune the adjustable sights while incrementally increasing my distance from the target until I got the sights perfect. I was hitting the bull from 25 yrds with ease after that.