Pizza Bob

Let's Clear This Up - Carrying in FL

Twice in the past three days I have heard from two different people that they have been told that they, as NJ residents with a FL CCW are not allowed to carry in FL.

Poppycock & Balderdash!!!!!!!! I'd express myself more strongly, but don't want to relegate this to the NSFW category.

What FL will not honor is someone carrying on a license from a FL reciprocal state, that is not a resident of the issuing state. IOW - if you are a NJ resident and have a VA CCW, which has reciprocity with FL, you cannot carry on that license in FL because you are not a resident of VA.

A FL license does not distinguish between a resident and non-resident. All FL issued licenses are the same under the law. They do not even put your address on the license any longer. If you have a FL CCW you are GTG to carry in FL, regardless of your state of residence.

Repeat: IF YOU HAVE A FL CCW YOU CAN LEGALLY CARRY IN FL, REGARDLESS OF YOUR RESIDENCY.

That is all.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 4

Good one Bob. I was unaware that the Virginia CCW does not count for Florida. I always carry both just as a "safety precaution" but now I know I can just leave my Virginia one home since it does not good anyway!

(I keep this image on the camera roll on my phone for quick reference)

Dave,

You need to update your map. WI now has CC and reciprocity with a number of states...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/wisconsin.pdf

Adios,

Pizza Bob