keithco88

Anybody else see this swept under the rug?

Plaxico and military service members caught in NY get 20+ months in prison, this chick gets a $200 fine

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/tennessee-tourist-brought-gun-9-11-memorial-misdemeanor-plea-deal-article-1.1046815?localLinksEnabled=false

If you live here you're F'd...if you're not from here we'll give you a pass. Just one more reason to move

I paid over $400 for a no point Unsafe Driving violation when I got into an accident. This chick gets a felony and pays $200. Obviously I feel she SHOULD be able to carry her gun, but this just shows how f'd up the system is.

This is just another example on failed "gun control" laws. After the jury nullification of Jonathan Ryan NYC gun possession trial, I think NYC is "gun shy" to try to prosecute people who are obviously law abiding good people who just made stupid mistakes. They are legal in 40 some-odd other states, but enter into NYC and you are facing 10 years in prison. Something is very wrong with that, and the people are waking up to that fact. If they had another case of jury nullification for this woman, it would just further validate that their laws are very broken.

It is better for NYC to sweep it under the carpet and move it out of the lime lite as soon as possible, this way their draconian anti-gun rights laws are protected from further scrutiny.

Plus it would be an excellent argument for the National Reciprocity bill in Congress. Imagine the ammo that pro-gun rights supporters would have had in arguing our point if this woman was convicted and thrown in NY state prison, basically ruining her and her family's lives.

• Like 1

Plaxico and military service members caught in NY get 20+ months in prison, this chick gets a $200 fine

http://www.nydailyne...ksEnabled=false

If you live here you're F'd...if you're not from here we'll give you a pass. Just one more reason to move

The Marine just took the plea deal to a misdemeanor :

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/plea_marine_busted_deal_empire_state_ws5RJBMCEi9gPXgOH3VVKJ

Damn, last I heard he had vowed to fight it out at trial.

Lets see..roll the dice on a trial on a felony conviction ald lose your right to possess firearms forever, or take a plea for a $200 fine on a Misdemeanor... You do the math

And remember we're talking NEW YORK here....and a New York Jury..do you really think there would be all that many gun-friendly Jurors???

Lets see..roll the dice on a trial on a felony conviction ald lose your right to possess firearms forever, or take a plea for a $200 fine on a Misdemeanor... You do the math

Oh, no doubt it would be a HUGE, unreasonable risk to fight it instead of taking the deal. What's that saying again? All progress is made by unreasonable people?

And remember we're talking NEW YORK here....and a New York Jury..do you really think there would be all that many gun-friendly Jurors???

Check the link in post #5 above. NYC Jury acquitted in 1/2 hour.

Oh, no doubt it would be a HUGE, unreasonable risk to fight it instead of taking the deal. What's that saying again? All progress is made by unreasonable people?

Check the link in post #5 above. NYC Jury acquitted in 1/2 hour.

I know the case unloaded in the glcoe box isnt the same as carrying..I dont think the Jury would have been as kind..and apparently neither did the Marine's attorney who was the SAME one in the Ryan case. When the guy who got the Aquittal for Ryan says.."Maybe you should consider this deal"..it's what we call a "Clue"