Underdog

Hi-Point 995 9mm carbine

Does anybody have experience with one of these? Thoughts/impressions, etc.? Do they jam often? Are the magazines easy to get, etc.

Is $185 a good price for a used one?

but you are stuck with the 10rd factory mags right? I saw ProMag made some 15rd ones but they're out of stock everywhere and a few sites say they're no longer in production...

also is the foregrip version legal in new jersistan?

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have the 995 ts carbine in 9mm. My kit contained a folding front grip, sling, and two ten round magazines. the carbine is rock solid, I tried running crap ammo through it and it ate everything no issues whatsoever. The accuracy is actually pretty decent. My suggestion would be to remove the irons and put on a good red dot optic and take the time to dial it in. Another suggestion is to make sure you know it's operation, it's easy to short bus the loading and charging of the carbine if you don't pay attention or rush through it. Bottom line, it's a very solid gun I shoot it very very often with ZERO issues.

My personal experience: I bought one brand new. Magazine wouldn't seat properly in the gun. Take it to range, can't get the thing to fire. Mail it back to Hi-point they end up replacing everything internally. Get it back, test it and everything seems to work okay. It's a Hi-point after all, throw it in the back of the safe and haven't looked at it in months.

I recently found (2) 10rounders at Heritage Guild in Easton.