boxer

jackson permit info

She told me the same. Call in for updates every couple weeks. I didn't call for almost 5 months and when I did they said it has been sitting there waiting. They said they left a message which was complete BS after week four. Yeah I picked it up and I was expired. I left it there for the extension which I got after 1 day. The whole situation made me sick.

Triplecrowns right, the mayor and police chief have not been on best terms, I think even one of them field a suit against the other over some budget agreement when they started to let cops go.

I had a letter all written up to send to the mayor but after the news came out that they were like water and oil I figured there was no point.

Jackson's pretty big and there has been a decent increase in permit filings but nothing warranting half a year wait. When I finally went to pick up mine in December I even offered to volunteer my time to help them process permits faster, of course the woman laughed at me but I was serious.

• Like 1

Jackson always quotes 6-8 weeks. Reality is 4-5 months. After the background checks, etc. it goes to the Chief's office and there it typically sits until the chief feels like signing. Last time I called around the three month mark and was told that it was just delivered to the Chief. When four months rolled around, I emailed the Mayor's office and complained. Got a call the next day to come pick it up.

For what it's worth, the people processing the paperwork, referrals, etc. are pleasant to deal with and will tell you straight up what's going on -- it's just that the entire process is too damn complicated and time consuming. And it doesn't help that the Chief, who I'm sure is a busy guy, has to deal with all of these BS applications. But good luck getting this state to take a simple "fill out a form, pass a NICs check, sign card with the Chief's signature stamp" approach to firearms licensing. You can thank the liberals in Trenton for this crap.

Gonna call every monday and ask till i get it i guess thats all i can do

I have had good luck with the following:

Submit P2P application

Double check my references received and returned the letters

Call at the 2 week mark and check to make sure everything is in order and offer and assistance if needed.

Call at the 3 week mark to see where and how things are going

Call at the 4 week mark if I have not received anything.

Most times I do not need to call at the 4 week mark being I usually have P2P's in hand by then.

I would if past the 4 week mark if I was you, get the best update from the PD that is available. If there is not a satisfactory reason I would make an appointment to meet with the Chief. After that if I do not receive a satisfactory response or semi hard time-line, time to call the Mayor and have a chat.

Also I would notify Frank or one of the other board members of the NJ2AS so they can do what they do.

I really think of more people followed this time-line and we not afraid to challenge the PD's who drag their feet and/or add other forms that are not allowed, we as a community would be treated a lot better.

I also think more pressure and accountability and the more problems identified will only help. While I do feel that staffing by the PD's is not adequate I would rather see this pressure either increase the staffing, or the state come to the realization that this is a waste of money and time and NICS checks at the time of purchase is all thats needed.

Dreaming, probably, but do nothing and live with the system the way it is, isn't going to change anything.

I called again just now and was told still sitting on Wagner's desk so the lady in trcords put me through to his voice mail where i left a pleasent inquirart as what is taking so long. After that i sent an email to the Cheif kunz detailing whar i have done and asking again why this is taking so long and i also cc'd wagner on the email if i do not hear back in 2 days i will write the mayors office and then begin making phonecalls to the cheif and the mayor

here is a copy of the letter i sent to the cheif if anyboday can think of anyhting i should add when i write the mayor let me know

Chief Kunz

I am writing to inform you of a problem I seem to having getting my firearms id card and permit to purchase pistols. I have been a resident of Jackson for a year now and love the area and had wanted to join the Central Jersey Rifle and pistol club (which as you know is located in Jackson). I filled out the application and got my fingerprinting done and returned the completed application the week following Thanksgiving. At this point in time I was told the wait would be 6-8 weeks which I was fine with I understand you have to do the background checks and wait for my references to get back to you.

I am now writing you on the second of April and still no ID I have call records and as far as I know the application has been sitting on Officer Wagner’s desk since at least Feb 14th, I just wanted to follow up with you to see if this is normal to wait this long or if I am missing something from my application or if there is something else wrong. It just seems 4 months is an overly long time to wait when being told it would take 6 to 8 weeks. Almost another 6-8 week period has passed.

If you can let me know if there is anything I can do to help this process or even maybe an approximate date as to when they will be done I would be very grateful

I can be reached at 732 580 1091

And my home address is 3 Ashford Road

Jackson NJ 08527

Respectfully

Michael J Norris Jr .

P.S. I am also going to CC officer Wagner so he is aware of the problem also

Send an email to the mayor. My daughter waited 3 months, when she got the standard I will call when ready she then emailed the mayor. He emailed back in and hour or so and said he would check into it. He emailed back the next day saying they would be ready the following monday. The police dept. didn't seem to like it but she got them. My son has been waiting for his ID card since Dec 2nd.

Chief siad he would try to have them by the end of the week. Then the investagator wrote back and said one of my references was late in getting back and that i shouod have them by the end of the month so still waiting nov 25th till now hopefully will get them before the CJRPR new member meeting at the end of the moth would really like to join this month and not have to wait till the end of may may is such a great month to be outside. I do know i am going to apply for more pistol permits probably 5 and then get extensions on three of them. This is really just a ridicouls state of affaris six months to get a FID that the form that comes from the state say 6-8 weeks

Finally today my permits and my firearms id card came in today. The application was put in the monday after thanksgving so i dont think jackson thinks much of that 6-8 week time frame Now Just wish i got more then 2 P2P on the pistol one i think is going twords an MDX comp and the other a .22 like the MKIII ruger. next will have to get more cause i deffinitly would like some kind of 1911

Mike

Finally today my permits and my firearms id card came in today. The application was put in the monday after thanksgving so i dont think jackson thinks much of that 6-8 week time frame Now Just wish i got more then 2 P2P on the pistol one i think is going twords an MDX comp and the other a .22 like the MKIII ruger. next will have to get more cause i deffinitly would like some kind of 1911

Mike

congrats. I am thinking I should have put in for more than 2 P2P as well. When they call me to tell me its ready, I am going to have form in hand for 4 additional P2P. I can always file for extension once I have them..

I don't expect said call till early June at best... meanwhile I can stand in my backyard and listen to CJRPC members having fun...