EX Carnival man

What happen to Sure Shot.

I read and followed the original thread. The issue that I see is this ....Shore Shot has really no competition as of yet. As soon as there is a competitor to Shore Shot, the mindset may change. Some of threads that I saw were an attempt at constructive criticism but the tone was negative and yes it can hurt a business. This could be one of the reasons they wanted out of the NJGUNFORUMS. I was there last week and they were busy. I was introduced to firearms through my father and it started there in 1996. I remember Kyle and Billy being the only ones running the ship....So, will they be hurt....Probably not. Not until they is another range that has exceptional customer and honor the discounts for the forum members. Most business who advertise will see if it is worth it by keeping track of "referrals" to the business...maybe Shore Shot lacked the follow up to see how many forum members patronized their business......

Just my $.02

I bet they saw the big uptick in the business and said "why should we pay to be on a forum and then give them discounts on top of it."

Eventually this cycle will bottom out and the boom will be gone. Then they will be looking for customers again.

As I indicated in the original tread,SS had every right to do what ever they saw fit for their business and from all indications their business is booming. On most nights and weekends there's in excess of an hour's wait for range time with novice shooters as far away as the Bronx lining up for expensive rentals,ammo and range time so perhaps in their minds offering discounts to seemingly demanding and critical NJGF members was just not worth it any longer.

Do I agree with their decision? absolutely not,but not so much with it as a business decision because we can debate ad infinitum on whether it was sound or not,but on the way it came about.

Instead of giving some lead in to a change in policy with perhaps a brief explanation on NJGF,they instead chose to sever all ties immediately and leave the why to rampant speculation. Never a good thing in any business climate simply because regardless of what your relationship is with your customers , memories are long,and those same customers you alienated today may be the ones to save your business tomorrow.

From what I understand SS has an issue with relaying pertainant information in a timely manner and a generous person would think that business is so good that they just don't have the time or manpower to keep up with the mundane but important task of keeping people informed.I personally believe feelings were hurt,damage control was either overlooked or not attempted and they finally said f--k them.

I'll say it again and I'll get IM's/PM's calling me a j*rkoff/*sshole again, but that being said................... I have no stake in this game as it relates to SS, however the fact that they stopped the member walk-in discounts without ever notifying the administration here on NJGF says allot for their ownership/management and not in a good way.

It's sad that they did what they did and left like they did but it's their business they can run it however they like. Only problem I see is there was a lot of references from the folks here on the Forum of how great a shop they are, great discount for Forum members, by caliber rentals and ammo discounts for members here. Also yearly range membership discounts for us, not to mention the Price Request section they would get them from people looking.

Just have to say. that's all gone for them and us now, I will also have a hard time ever giving my old recommendation of where a new shooter should go to shoot and/or check out guns just for the way this all went down.

Now in the big picture, will this hurt their business, right now with the demand I doubt it, they do have a lot of walk in business and as others have said, the place can get busy, well thats the way it is now, won't be that way all the time, the sport has ups and downs, they did this during an up, will see what happens down the road.

Others mention they don't have any competition, well last year this time I would say they don't but BA is right around the corner, and while they did some swanky things in the past some of the recent word of mouth posters here have said they aren't the same place. That would be nice if they are changing their ways and while it won't happen overnight for BA, but over time they could become a real big player in that area.