TJM

Mossberg 590A1

Just found it's way home to me today.....got it cleaned up and it's ready to start HD patrol.

Noticed that GFH is offering in April an Urban Shotgun class combining shotgun and pistol use - very interested in taking that. The class requires a sling for the shotgun......so, anyone have a sling they currently use and like? Benefits of 1 point vs 2 point, etc? I've read about Specter Gear and some other brands in some other places, but curious if any of you with Mossberg's in particular have one that works for you and are willing to recommend? Rather get some real world feedback than strike out blindly.

Any other suggested mods to consider as I get to know the newest addition to the family?

Tom

18.5 barrel.

It's all up to you. If your tall then a single point would be fine. I'm 6'4" so a single point is cool with me. Now, if your a little guy then the barrel might end up dinging the floor a few times.

In all honesty, you don't need a sling for a home defense shotgun. I'd recommend not having one at all. Less for the bad guy (or guys) to grab in a really close quarters battle. Just my opinion.

I'm 5' 10" you think single would work? Would be getting it more for the class at GFH where it seems to be required. Trying to not go crazy with stuff for it....but if the shtf maybe not a bad thing to have a sling if we got to head out....

I'm 5' 10" you think single would work? Would be getting it more for the class at GFH where it seems to be required. Trying to not go crazy with stuff for it....but if the shtf maybe not a bad thing to have a sling if we got to head out....

Yeah, it'll work. You can do the multi-sling too if you want to go that route. I don't have any links but the slings can go from a 2 point to a single point just by releasing a tab.