this_is_nascar

Opinions of Bob's Little Sports Shop Range

For those of you who are range members, what's your opinion of Bob's Little Sports Shop? I've purchased from them before, but have never used the range or been a member. My Hague's Indoor Range membership is just about up and Bob's in on my Top-3 list to check.

Try PM'ing Richard (yes, just Richard - that's his board name). He recently joined and is having fun shooting in their "Shoot What Ya' Brung" leagues. Certainly more fun than just punching paper. Bob Viden (owner) is a real gentleman and a BOD member of the NRA. I believe that he is (or was) the president of the NJ Firearms Retailers Assc. He has done an awful lot for our gun rights and is worthy of our support.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The range is pretty good, it can get a little crowded at at times but what place doesn't? Unlike Hague's, if you have a membership you can bring your own ammo. You can pick up your own ammo. You can bring your own targets (I never do because they are reasonably priced in the store) They have a decent selection of rentals too, you have to buy the ammo there for rentals which is completely understandable. Let's see you can't shoot rifles there other than pistol caliber carbines and .22 IIRC. They also have archery lanes on the other side of the shop. Membership is cheaper than Hague's. I am going to be moving within 2 miles of Hague's and I will still come to Bob's. Everyone is friendly there. The only bad thing I have to say is about the ammo prices. HOWEVER, that is an NJ thing and not confined to just that shop.

When my son was attending Rowan I used to drive down there and pick him up to go pistol shooting. Bob's is a great place and Bob himself went out of his way to find me a pair of older S&W revolver grips that he had laying in a junk box. I gave the grips to a friend so that they could use speed-loaders without snagging the loader onto the gun frame. He GAVE me the grips!

Nice Range, nice people. Bought some ammo there and brought my own as well. Bought some targets and some gun cleaner. Bob was excited to shake my son's hand when he found out that my son is a NRA Life Member. That MEANS something to Bob, so the best advice I can give you is to openly display your NRA pride and good things are bound to happen!

Highly recommend this place!

Dave

I'm not a member, but I'm in there all the time. I go to Rowan, and because of my nack for picking bad schedules ( such as my current 3 hour break between classes) I sometimes run up there to window shop, buy cleaning stuff, things like that. I also talk t them a lot.

One thing I will say, they are fantastic, they don't mind talking to me, helping me learn more about the gun laws, and about certain weapon platforms, and all of that stuff. In fact, it was thanks to them that I was able to get my FID, since I didn't even really know where to start. Their staff is awesome, and they have a great selection.

I also shoot their range the most when I go shooting ( For walk-ons, it's fairly cheap and close by). I don't have a pistol, but I can shot my .22 rifle, and my brother in law's hi-point .45 there too. It's realy just nice overall, and I would recommend them if you do a lot of pistol shooting. I'm more into rifles, which is pretty much the only reason I haven't gotten a membership there (Though I take my friends there who have never shot before, so they can cut their teeth on a .22).

I'd recommend them 100%, they've always been great to me.

Bob's is a great place and much cheaper than Hagues. Great little range and they allow you to shoot anything but shotgun as long as the velocity of the round is less than 1800fps. I asked what rifles can you shoot there and was told anything that was chambered for a pistol round. I have membership there and it includes family right off the bat. My wife and I can shoot together for the same prince as just myself. She also has her own membership card so she can shoot on the membership without me.With a membership you also get 10% off ammo targets. Rentals are $5 less for members as well. Even they guest fee for none memners is only $4/hr. With a new purchase they even give you free hour on the range with free ear and eye rentals. When I bout my 10/22, my wife and I were able to shoot for an hour for free (other than the ammo of course).

Everyone there is very nice and they have spent hours with me on separate vists try to pick out a HG knowing I having got my permit yet. Bob is a wonderful man and very humble and down to earth.

I highly recommend them as a range and a LGS. The only downside is their parking is very limited and they can get very busy right after they come back from their dinner break.

Looks like their annual membership prices went up as well.

1 Year Limited Membership: $150.00

$6.00 per hour

10% discount on range ammunition and targets

1 Year Unlimited Membership: $300.00

open hourly shooting

10% discount on range ammunition and targets

I know for a fact that their unlimited membership was only two something a couple months ago.

Nascar , according to some of your posts it does not seem like you are very happy with Hague 's Indoor Range .

That would be correct. I have another thread about that which you free to read to get a better understanding of my issues. I'm the 1st one to advise folks to vote with their wallets, however do to other circumstances, I may have no other choice than to renew with Hague's for one more year. The fact that Bob's raised their price doesn't help my situation either.

Even with the increase, Bob's is still cheaper than Hague's.

It is, but the spread has narrowed. Then if you add the addtional traveling distance to Bob's for me, plus not being able to fire a shotgun or my son being able to fire his high-powered rifle, plus the limited parking, plus the fact that they won't store a gun for you between the time your purchase it and the time you get your permit, plus ...................................... just makes Bob's less appealing for my purposes now. Saving $150-$175 over Hague's made those items not so bad, but now with only a $100 spread, I'm not sure the saving is worth it. Cost aside, Bob's still has it all over Hague's as far as their attitude is concerned.

Will Bobs let non-members bring their own ammo? I'm looking for a range in my area where I can bring my own ammo while I decide if I really want to drop the coin on CJ. My current range is range ammo only and it's Remington Golden Bullets...

No, you have to buy ammo there. I'm not a member since I don't have time to get our and shoot frequently (And being only 20 years old, I don't have a handgun to shoot there, only a .22 rifle which I actually bought there). But yeah, you have to buy the ammo there.

I'm not aware of any business type shooting range that will allow a non-member to shoot his own ammo. It must be purchased from the range and usually at a much higher expense than if you purchased it elsewhere.

You can walk on at CP and use your own ammo. The only time they require anyone to purchase their ammo is when you are using one of their rental guns.

bobs is the only range I belong to. I have no complaints, everyone there is incredibly helpful and nice. Their facilities are clean and taken care of. They also do a good job at keeping out the rif raf. The only issues I have are like everyone else's, you cannot fire rifle or shotgun.

I was told last week that they changed their policy and anyone can bring their own ammo, including non-members. They are some of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. I was up in the air between a Glock 34 and STI Spartan and started talking to Jon (one of the employees) about my dilema. He had just bought a spartan and offered to let me try it free of charge.....that's the kind of service they offer. A different time i was debating between an air rifle and .22 to start my daughter on and they gave me some old single shot rifle and a handfull of ammo for us to try so we could make a decision. We bought a ruger 10/22 from them! League is great fun and I highly recommend you give them a shot. They have a 10% coupon available on their website for your membership so its still a pretty good deal. Family is free and friends are $4 an hour to share your lane.

I love Bob's. I'm not a member there but I go and rent a lane if I need a fix and can't make it to my outdoor range in Elmer. As mentioned above their staff is great and I've never had a problem there. Parking does SUCK. But you can park in the abandoned Taco Bell and walk 50 yards to the shop...