Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Gun Show 3/31 & 4/1 Phila NG Armory

I'm back. Certainly nothing to write home about, but it was close and it was only $6, so what the heck. Really only looking for some Federal AE .40 S&W 165 gr ammo, but only one vendor had it and I thought it was a bit on the high side ($189 + tax / 500), so I passed.

Items of interest were, as noted in another thread, a Snider-Enfield, mismarked as being a US Civil War rifle. For Patriot Oak, a Savage 99, but in .300 Savage for $525 (good cond), and the one that tweaked my interest, a 3" barreled S&W model 24.

In 2007, at this same gun show, I came across one of these (3" model 24) and it was tagged at $495. I passed - but it gnawed at me for the next several days. I knew the vendor - he had a little shop in Bethlehem, and I was going up that way and decided to buy it if he still had it. Before I went there, I had to make a stop at another, hole-in-the-wall, gun shop in Allentown. There I stumbled upon a mint, in the box, all papers and accessories, Sig P225. Knowing I was going to Bethleham next, I resisited the urge, but decided the Sig would be my back-up plan. Got to Bethlehem and the Smith was gone. So I added a nice P225 to my collection.

So today, 4 years and 6 months later, I find another 3" model 24. I look up from the display case and meet the gaze of the owner of the Bethlehem gun shop. I just gotta figure that it was the same gun that came back into his possession four years after I saw it the first time. Problem is, he now had it marked $895 - $400 of appreciation, that is far better than most peoples invetments will do over a 4 year period. I passed again and may live to regret it, yet again.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I went to the show today with a friend. It was nice to see all these gun owners in one place just going about their business. Guy at the front door was asking if anybody was carrying a firearm. My friend and I started looking around like what? Yeah you can carry to a gun show in PA. It's funny you cross over that state line into PA and the whole attitude changes. In Jersey your made to feel like a criminal but in PA it's the complete opposite. Inside the place was packed. Men,women,children of all races walking around buying guns,ammo, accessories. People there were very friendly not giving dirty looks like we get here. I even got to hold some rifles I would never see here. Overall we had a great time and looking forward to going to another show.