peterk2000

Saw a high speed chase New Brunwick today

Driving home from gun shop (not relevant). Saw a Silver Camaro coming up behind me at a high rate of speed with 3 police cars in pursuit. About 3-4 miles up 18S the police forced the camaro off the road. 5pm. Traffic on 18 at every light. This driver could have easily wiped out innocent people. Thanks to the Police involved for their excellent work!! No doubt they saved some lives today.

post-4586-0-71394200-1333238618_thumb.jpg

It's a shame he wasn't driving a Mustang, they would have caught up to him much quicker :p

If he had a Miata he could have driven underneath the cars and got away

• Like 1

How are you gonna try and run the cops in a 6 banger convertable.

The V6 Camaro's in that generation had the tail pipe on the left side. The car in the picture most likely has dual exhaust, which either means that car has a V8, or an aftermarket exhaust. And going by the tail lights, that's a 1997 or newer. If it's a 1998-2002, then it's got the LS1, which is a pretty sweet engine. Even if it's the LT1 from the 1997, it's still pushing 275hp stock.

The V6 Camaro's in that generation had the tail pipe on the left side. The car in the picture most likely has dual exhaust, which either means that car has a V8, or an aftermarket exhaust. And going by the tail lights, that's a 1997 or newer. If it's a 1998-2002, then it's got the LS1, which is a pretty sweet engine. Even if it's the LT1 from the 1997, it's still pushing 275hp stock.

That has the 97+ taillights and has the RS package(pic isn't clear, but I drove by and saw the badge that said RS), which means it's a 3.8litre v6.

That has the 97+ taillights and has the RS package(pic isn't clear, but I drove by and saw the badge that said RS), which means it's a 3.8litre v6.

If it had the RS badge, then yea it was the 3.8. Not a slow car, but I DEFINITELY wouldn't pick it to run from the cops in.