Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

2 x 4 Match, April 21st at Cherry Ridge

Here are the details:

1. You do not have to be a Cherry Ridge member.
  2. Two pairs of shooters with pistols, carbines & level action rifles in pistol caliber and revolvers.
  3. Each two shooters cut a 2x4 in half, cross wise.

This thread explains it all: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11138-2x4-cutting-match-at-cherry-ridge-saturday-82209/

You forgot one thing, Mike. Bring a fist full of singles...

I used to save singles for the match but Howard usually has a huge pile of singles by the end of the match. Now I think it is best to have fins, tens and twenties.

I shot one of these last year, it was loads of fun. Just make sure you have a .45 or similar large caliber. Me and two friends tried doing it with 9mm and just couldn't hold our ground. The only reason I won a few rounds was because I got paired up with someone shooting a .45 each time.

And bring A LOT of ammo. We each brought a case and went home with none after only about 3 hours.

2x4 wood chompin' is a real good time! Our Club's Black Powder League does it with single shot muzzleloading rifles, each squad of 4-5 rifles for a single 2x4, and it doesn't take long with well-placed .50-.58 caliber Maxi-Balls and Minnie-Balls, lol!

You guys will have loads of fun, that's for sure! Have a great time--wish I could be there, but I'll be volunteering at Yards Creek running their range on that Saturday for a Scout Camporee!

I was there for part of the afternoon. To add to your list of things to bring. Magazines to hold at least 40 rounds of ammunition for your firearm.

I find that shooting cheap lead bullets out of 45 ACP to be most effective but your mileage may vary.

It's a good time no matter what you're shooting.