Wolfy

Game of Thrones

Only like 3 more episodes and its all over... 

Maybe HBO will choose another fantasy series such as Wheel of Time, kingkiller Chronicle, or the First Law Series.  Or maybe teh Riyria Revelations

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Maybe HBO will choose another fantasy series such as Wheel of Time, kingkiller Chronicle, or the First Law Series.  Or maybe teh Riyria Revelations

Wheel of Time is already being made by Amazon

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Westworld is good. And HBO is making His Dark Materials (Golden Compass, etc). Those are more YA books, though. 

14 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Westworld is good. And HBO is making His Dark Materials (Golden Compass, etc). Those are more YA books, though. 

BBC is making his dark materials. HBO is just buying the distribution rights here.

They are going to do the spinoff for their fantasy offering. We'll see how it goes. Myself, I enjoyed it but I'm done with got.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:41 PM, Underdog said:

HBO will have a prequel to GOT.  I don't know if they've said exactly how far back they will go or what the story line will be yet though.  Or when it will be released.

3 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

HBO will have a prequel to GOT.  I don't know if they've said exactly how far back they will go or what the story line will be yet though.  Or when it will be released.

GRRM released "Fire & Blood" aka the GRRMarillion - so there's prequel material.

5 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

I think this was canceled.

if you are just looking for background and aren't into all the books then there are some great YouTube explanations that also tie a lot of information together.

in deep geek - probably my favorite but a lot of other good channels

bridge4 - has excellent explanations but also very fan theory heavy. It's fun if you are doing something mindless and have it playing in the background. He's also right most of the time.

HBO was pushing ideas for five spin offs. They said they were going to produce two. They canceled one. Now it us one left. Set 1000 years prior to got. They have a director and are in theory going to start work on the pilot this summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sevenshot said:

I think this was canceled.

if you are just looking for background and aren't into all the books then there are some great YouTube explanations that also tie a lot of information together.

in deep geek - probably my favorite but a lot of other good channels

bridge4 - has excellent explanations but also very fan theory heavy. It's fun if you are doing something mindless and have it playing in the background. He's also right most of the time.

One of the prequels was cancelled as there was a couple in the works. I think they are still going forward with another one.

20 hours ago, raz-0 said:

HBO was pushing ideas for five spin offs. They said they were going to produce two. They canceled one. Now it us one left. Set 1000 years prior to got. They have a director and are in theory going to start work on the pilot this summer.

I wonder what characters those will be. About 8000 years back is start of age of heroes and about 200 years back is when the Targaryans arrive from Valeria. Is 1000 the Andal invasion? Will it even be set in Westeros as Valeria is still considered the greatest civilization ever 200 years after its destruction? Cool stuff.

EDIT

Apparently 5 different spin offs were considered. Only one has been canceled so far and only one has been set to put out a pilot. The confirmed pilot is 5000 years back during the age of heroes. Probably Bran the Builder and Lann the Clever. It'll be in Westeros as Valeria and Targaryans weren't really a thing at that's time. Probably a lot of north of the wall stuff that will solve the history disparity between the north and wildlings.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/04/bryan-cogmans-game-of-thrones-prequel-has-been-pas.html

from GRRM himself yesterday about the other shows:

Oh, and speaking of television, don’t believe everything you read.   Internet reports are notoriously unreliable.  We have had five different GAME OF THRONES successor shows in development (I mislike the term “spinoffs”) at HBO, and three of them are still moving forward nicely.   The one I am not supposed to call THE LONG NIGHT will be shooting later this year, and two other shows remain in the script stage, but are edging closer.   What are they about?  I cannot say.   But maybe some of you should pick up a copy of FIRE & BLOOD and come up with your own theories.

Far from over. I have a feeling that things are about to get sporty.

The white walkers were easy. It was a straightforward “us or them” fight. Everyone worked together for a common goal.

This fight for King’s Landing is gonna be all intrigue and plot twists and mind games and feints surrounding this new war. Everyone has their own interest at heart.

Sure, John Snow is an honorable man.

So was Ned Stark - and we all know how that ended....

I'm still confused as to why just 6 episodes this season. It seems like they could've easily made a full 10-12 episode season (maybe it would've taken 4 years to make??). As much as I like the show, this season has felt rushed at times. Now with only two episodes to go, 10 pounds of crap has to fit in a 5 pound bag. 

I guess I'm a tough critic lol. I should probably hold judgement until the season is over, but I'm still salty about how the white walker storyline ended (if it is actually over). No explanation why the Night King was so obsessed with Bran and his powers to see the past. Maybe I missed it 

18 minutes ago, Mreal75 said:

No explanation why the Night King was so obsessed with Bran and his powers to see the past. Maybe I missed it 

You missed it. Sort of. It was in Ep 2. 

Basically the NK wanted to destroy all humanity and Bran has access to all of history. Destroy history and man is just animals. Or something. 

I didn’t say it was well explained. 

• Like 1

remember that the book for this season isn't written so characters like Tyrion and Varys especially aren't as witty with their dialogue. Seasons 1-6 Tyrion's dialogue was directly from the books. It's more plot driven than character development since the show runners are trying to finish off the show.

Also...

• Agree 1