Wolfy

Game of Thrones

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

The episode was extremely predictable... Not so much who would win, but that city was gonna burn...and we werent gonna happy with it. 

I thought that it would go a bit differently, but with the "victory" the same.

1 minute ago, CMJeepster said:

I thought that it would go a bit differently, but with the "victory" the same.

If this season has shown me anything, it's that the only people who want the throne are also willing to watch it burn.

They are all so childish and entitled. 

I put the burn down on Jon Snow. If only he shagged her when she wanted it she wouldn't have said let it be fear. Hell hath no fury as a women scorned.....That or it was just an unlucky time of the month to be in Kings Landing.

• Like 1

Disappointed in the last season.  Poor character development and follow through.  The writers suck. 

The only cool thing i can say is that it the White Walkers weren't central... it is the Game of Thrones after all.  Why hasn't the little guy learned from his mistakes?  He is blinded around the two queens, i guess.  The swashbuckling and dragon play was pretty awesome in this season, but where is the character development except for the Assassin...  

6 hours ago, Underdog said:

Disappointed in the last season.  Poor character development and follow through.  The writers suck. 

The only cool thing i can say is that it the White Walkers weren't central... it is the Game of Thrones after all.  Why hasn't the little guy learned from his mistakes?  He is blinded around the two queens, i guess.  The swashbuckling and dragon play was pretty awesome in this season, but where is the character development except for the Assassin...  

There's been 7 years of character development. It's time for some shit to get DONE. 

I will offer the counter point. The shitty writing has been failing to resolve or even advance a shit tone of critical story arcs, leaving us to finish them all in the last season. If we had had actual progress and character resolve some arcs, we could have cycled osme of them out and maybe had more seasons. but no.

GRRM's response is that same shitty attitude he takes to writing them. He'd like to have forever. Well Mr' neck bead, your cast has hit to move on to, and the grim reaper isn't going to wait until you are happy with it either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Handyman said:

Dany's gonna try to kill Jon with dragon fire, and then find out he's fireproof because he's in the family. 

Then either Bronn or Hodor is going to pop out and kill her.

My money is on Jon being Azor Ahai and killing Dany:  https://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/azor_ahai_reborn.html

I think there will be no cast members left.  

I predict that in the closing minute of the finale, someone from the crew, maybe the grip or gaffer, probably clutching a coffee cup, will wander onto the set and sit on the iron throne.

9 hours ago, 10X said:

I predict that in the closing minute of the finale, someone from the crew, maybe the grip or gaffer, probably clutching a coffee cup, will wander onto the set and sit on the iron throne.

the starbucks mascot itself takes the throne. the cup in ep 4 wasnt a mistake, it was foreshadowing. she has been pulling the strings all along.

i google'd it and it's no coincidence these pictures already exist:

Starbucks-Coffee-Game-of-Thrones-Cover.jVegNews.GameofThronesCupStarbucks-throne

10 hours ago, 10X said:

Very “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”-esque.

***Spoiler Alert****

Do not read past this if you don't want to know how it ends.  I know people who actually worked for the film crew in England.  

The throne will be empty at the end, that's all I am saying.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Honestly if youre in this thread you probably risk spoilers anyway but just to be fair.

The ending itself, I wouldnt have minded. It was the way we got to the ending that I hated. I would have been fine with Jon not getting the thrown. Maybe in his righteousness he would be named king but he turned it down and proposed the governing system that they ended up with. I would have been ok with that. But his story as a Targarean was built up the past two seasons and this season up til the finale, was just flushed down the toilet. 

Everyone needs to take a breath and realize that:

John was not the main character

Dany was not the main character

Cersei, Jamie, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, whomever - they are not the main characters of the story.

The main character is Westeros. Look back at the entirety of the show with the Realm of the Seven Kingdoms as the main character of the story and you’ll get a different perspective on everything.

Overall, I liked it. Little things bothered me, but I understand why they made some of the choices they did.

I am pleased.

• Like 1

I thought the finale was good.  I agree with the above that an overall criticism is that they built up several plot points over years and then never really uses them... or the payoff didn’t equal the build-up.  Jon’s history, Bran’s magic, Night King, etc.  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, EngineerJet said:

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Honestly if youre in this thread you probably risk spoilers anyway but just to be fair.

The ending itself, I wouldnt have minded. It was the way we got to the ending that I hated. I would have been fine with Jon not getting the thrown. Maybe in his righteousness he would be named king but he turned it down and proposed the governing system that they ended up with. I would have been ok with that. But his story as a Targarean was built up the past two seasons and this season up til the finale, was just flushed down the toilet. 

They didn't flush his story of being a targarean, I just think it failed to be explained explicitly. 

My take is that Dany got a bit paranoid and doesn't trust her factions to guard her, so drogon got the job. Had John not been a targarean he would have just gotten eaten.

He had to be a targarean to save westeros from Dany freeing everyone with murder.

I consider myself a semi fan, as I have only seen seasons 1 and 8, and know that there's a lot in the middle that, as I can tell by the ending outrage by many, as lots of plot points that appear to have been missed or overlooked.  I thought the fight with the dead should have had more significance,  but that's my noviceness talking.

My wife liked my ending prediction, which was somewhat close to the real ending:

My prediction was that Dany would have had John killed, which would have angered Bran to the point of controlling the remaining dragon to fry/kill Dany.  Bran becomes king as a result, with Tyrion as the hand of the king.

The ending was a little better than the social media outrage I tried to avoid reading, although those additional episodes they declined to do would have probably helped things.  The ending appeared similar of the endings to Deep space nine and Battlestar Galactica.  I will take the minority stance and say that I liked the Iron throne episode a bit better than Avengers: endgame!

15 hours ago, raz-0 said:

They didn't flush his story of being a targarean, I just think it failed to be explained explicitly. 

My take is that Dany got a bit paranoid and doesn't trust her factions to guard her, so drogon got the job. Had John not been a targarean he would have just gotten eaten.

He had to be a targarean to save westeros from Dany freeing everyone with murder.

Sorry, it seems a stretch to me that the reason for developing his lineage, building two seasons dedicated to that lineage in conjunction with his honorable character making him the best suited for a righteous ruler, was just so he can get past a gaurd dog when the time came, does not seem remotely reasonable to infer from the show. Maybe that is what you interpreted it as. But I'll be damned if that is what the writers/george r.r. martin intended.