Maksim

Movies that you can't help but watch over and over

I hate watching movies over, if iy has been a few years no problem..

my wife can watch grease and dirty dancing everytime it is on, do you have any idea how many times grease air's.. Good thing we have 2 tv's in diffrent rooms.. and dirty dancing also airs alot..

Picking one is way too difficult. So, I too will have to go beyond the prescribed number and list my top three movies that I will watch whenever they come on TV: Collateral, True Lies, and Grosse Point Blank (admittedly this one isn't on TV much, once in a blue moon on Comedy Central).

Oh, and why... I guess they're all kind of action-y, but I think that is a prerequisite for a flick that I can zone out to. GPB because it is legitimately a great movie.

My favorite movie of all time is Shawshank Redemption. I absolutely LOVE that movie, I think it's just pure genius.

But if I had to pick ONE movie, it would be Forrest Gump. Each time I watch that movie, I enjoy it more and more. In fact, I'm going to pop the DVD in the player right now ;)

• Like 1

There are many movies I'll stop and watch even though I have them in my collection and can watch them whenever... some that come to mind and haven't been mentioned yet:

Alien

Aliens

Terminator

Serenity

Fifth Element

Patton

Unforgiven and practically any Clint Eastwood movie (not Bridges of Madison County!)

FINALLY. I was waiting for someone to mention Unforgiven. Might be my favorite western ever! Also going to add High Plains Drifter, Pulp Fiction, and Forrest Gump.

Picking one is way too difficult. So, I too will have to go beyond the prescribed number and list my top three movies that I will watch whenever they come on TV: Collateral, True Lies, and Grosse Point Blank (admittedly this one isn't on TV much, once in a blue moon on Comedy Central).

Oh, and why... I guess they're all kind of action-y, but I think that is a prerequisite for a flick that I can zone out to. GPB because it is legitimately a great movie.

Grosse Pointe Blank. Best movie soundtrack ever. They made 2 soundtrack albums out of it. All 80's alt-rock.

• Like 2