compujas

AR15 Mag Pouches

I'm considering getting some AR15 mag pouches for USPSA-type rifle stages, but have no idea where to look or what to look for. I have a few 15/20 PMags, so I don't know if they fit the pouches for standard metal mags or not. I also have no interest in getting a vest or anything like that, I'd prefer to just be able to put it on my belt or something like that. If that can be accomplished with MOLLE then that's fine, but I have no experience with MOLLE so I have no idea. I also don't want to spend a lot on them since they'd literally only be used for USPSA stages and possibly storing them and transporting them to and from the range. Storage for 3-4 mags would be enough since I only own 4 mags (3x 15/20 PMAG and 1x standard 10rd short mag).

Any suggestions oh wise ones?

Oh, really? I thought I'd be able to just leave the flaps open while shooting. If that's not the case, then I don't know about them. What about after pulling one mag from the pouch, do you have to re-snap the flaps?

And if you meant ranger plates on the mags, I do on two of them.

Maybe I'll just cancel it and keep looking for next time.

Yeah - I have a nylon pistol mag pouch with clips - Per Ronnie - he said they're actually supposed to remain closed and snapped. I'd get a Kangaroo style pouch if you're looking for MOLLE pouches.

I'd say go for a kangaroo style pouch.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_712_159&products_id=26564

Not necessarily looking for MOLLE, just something that can go on a belt. The problem with most belt mounted pouches is that they seem to be fairly expensive. The BladeTech ones are $35/ea. I'm not up for spending close to $100+ for AR mag pouches that I'll use very infrequently for only rifle side-stages.

I use the HSGI "taco" pouches for 3-gun. They work with AR mags, AK mags and i can even stuff a 10/22 mag or a cell phone in there easily; they're very versatile. They're short enough too that my 15/20 pmag's are easily grabbed without a magpul. Like other folks touched on, depth is important if you're using shorter mags like most of us do (unless u use pinned 30's). IMHO, flappy pouches are for storage, not quick access so rule them out.

http://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-TACO-Modular-Single-Rifle-Magazine-Pouch-p/hsg.227.htm

http://www.skdtac.co...G-p/itw.110.htm

These are great and work well with our shortened mags.

+2 I have 2 of these that I use with 15/20 pmags, and they work very well. While a little pricey, they are excellent for speed reloads/emergency reloads, have good mag retention, and are easy to get the mags back in one-handed.

I actually just wound up placing an order for 3 from this guy (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/145103562/p/1) (thanks Pizza Bob for the suggestion). They seem decent for the price and given how much I'll use them, so thought I'd give them a try. Probably spent only half what I would have on the rest. The guy responded quickly and said he should have them shipped early next week. Unfortunately won't be in time for Saturday, but pretty quick nonetheless. I'll report back once I have them in case anyone else is interested.