zoid

What's the Crappiest Least Reliable Ammo Out There?

I'm actually asking cause my thought is if your gun can shoot a couple boxes of

crappy stuff then it should be able to shoot everything else. So what are the

worst brands of ammo out there?

Depending on what gun your using, but i believe that its best to not try and kill yourself by shooting bad ammo.

Thats paramount to shooting some of that Indian, and Israeli ammo out of my 2,000 dollar M-14. Its not worth saving 10 cents a round, and watching it go click-bang. I have seen what happens when you go click and then it goes bang 3 seconds later with a 8mm mauser, and its a scary though to think what if i opened or cycled the bolt to try and hit that primer again.....

The ones you find at the range in a clear plastic bag that were clearly reloaded by a man with lego blocks for brains.

You mean the stuff Bubba made while drinking isn't on par with Winchester ammo?

If you really want to test a gun, which I wouldn't recommend, try steel cased, or surplus ammo. Although some Surplus ammo is pretty good. My WWII era Vz24 outshot a $2,000 Weatherby .30-06 at 100 yards firing 50 year old Romanian ammo, without a scope, and with some of the lousiest sights I've ever seen. It can sometimes be hard to call, in my oppinion, with surplus ammo.

I'm actually asking cause my thought is if your gun can shoot a couple boxes of

crappy stuff then it should be able to shoot everything else. So what are the

worst brands of ammo out there?

Your reasoning is crap. Bad ammo is bad ammo because it has things like squibs, overcharges, double charges, bullets that set back and other fun stuff. No gun will run on squibs. No gun will tolerate double charges. You prove nothing about your gun's reliability by running crap through your gun. The ammo is unreliable because of a problem with the ammo. It's not like there's a magic gun that puts missing powder back in, fixes bullet setback, checks for double charges and other such things.

• Like 1

There is so much to this question that it's damn near impossible to answer. There is ammo of poor quality and defective (like raz-O mentioned above; squibs, overcharges, double charges...) that just shouldn't be chambered. Then there is the ammo that your firearm just won't tolerate. It may fire fine in your buddies weapon but your weapon rejects it. Then there is ammo that is not consistently accurate. Then there is dirty ammo.

So I have to put the question back to you; what is your level of tolerance for crappy ammo?

Your reasoning is crap. Bad ammo is bad ammo because it has things like squibs, overcharges, double charges, bullets that set back and other fun stuff. No gun will run on squibs. No gun will tolerate double charges. You prove nothing about your gun's reliability by running crap through your gun. The ammo is unreliable because of a problem with the ammo. It's not like there's a magic gun that puts missing powder back in, fixes bullet setback, checks for double charges and other such things.

I think you're not understanding my question or what I'm trying to say. Obviously I don't want to test

my gun with a double charge... come on.

I mean more like stuff that's just less tight in tolerances or harder for some guns to cycle, however,

STILL SAFE. I'm referring to stuff more like aluminum blazer, or as people had mentioned, steel case

ammo and the likes.

Their 9mm ammo is fine. 98% of the people that use their .22LR ammo has issues.

That's odd, I'd figure that if you could make one type, you'd be able to do another. Ammos vary, but the same premise is pretty much the same. Perhaps they suck at having the bullet allign with the rim, or their primers are crappy? This is quite curious haha.

What caliber you asking about. If .22LR, the Remington is the worse ammo ever made.

After shooting my M&P 22 on federal bulk and winchester 333 tonight, I can say for sure that yes, Remington is the worst 22lr I've tried yet.

With the federal, there's almost no smoke, every round feeds and fires, and every shot cycles the gun properly. With the Winchester, there is a bit of smoke with each shot, but every round feeds, fires, and cycles properly.

With the Remington, you'll think you're shooting black powder, you can spin the bullets in the case, you get yellow crap all over your hands, 5% of the rounds don't fire at all, you check for squibs another 5%, and 10% don't send the slide far enough back to strip the next round...

Yes, I'd say if your 22 feeds RemingTURD then it should shoot everything. My 22 1911 conversion will shoot it

but I've had several rounds that fail to extract and you have to take the whole slide off to get it out.

That's kind of the comparo I was looking for centerfire. I've actually shot the Umarex stuff out of my Kimber just

fine so I guess it kinda passed the test.

POF (Paki) .303 brit. %90 were hangfires, %7 duds, %3 went off normal. Accuracy blew but it sure was good training to catch flinching. It was like firing a flintlock, CLICK BOOM every time lol

What the hell is the point of making ammunition like this? I mean, maybe it just hasn't aged well, but at that point you're better off equiping your army with slings and stones haha.

What the hell is the point of making ammunition like this? I mean, maybe it just hasn't aged well, but at that point you're better off equiping your army with slings and stones haha.

It's called surplus for a reason. SOme surplus is jsut old inventory, some is REALLY old inventory, some is not so old but just being surplussed to cycle in fresh stock, some is surplus because it doesn't meet specs, and some is suplus because it is downright dangerous.

Heck, we all thing xm193 is decent stuff now. Back when the surplus 193 was REALLY cheap, you didn't buy the bulk xm193PD boxes because they were questionable. mangled case necks, Severely dented shoulders, blowing out primers, etc. You can probably still find pics online of the infamous pretzel (dunno if that was ever confirmed legit).

After running four boxes of Winchester White .45's through my Taurus 1911 with zero issues, I tried a box of Aguila; first time I experienced FTF's and FTE's, two each--in a box of 50rds, in this gun. I just shot a box of Remington UMC through her and had no problems, so I'm calling the Aguila crapola.

IMO the crappiest ammo that I have experience with is Ultramax ammo (sold locally at Dicks).

I've run 200 rounds of Ultramax through my CZ75B without an issue but they are supposedly known for their forgiving nature, however I wouldn't even attempt them in my Sig.

After running four boxes of Winchester White .45's through my Taurus 1911 with zero issues, I tried a box of Aguila; first time I experienced FTF's and FTE's, two each--in a box of 50rds, in this gun. I just shot a box of Remington UMC through her and had no problems, so I'm calling the Aguila crapola.

If you can find federal champion .45 its been running in my 1911 with out a hickup, might be worth it if you can find a steady cheap supply.

My personal opinion, the worst centerfire ammo I've ever used was 9mm from USAAmmo. Inconsistent, primer issues, some rounds had steel casings instead of brass, etc. ( I could go on for a while before even mentioning the kabooms we've read about)

The worst overall ammo is the remington .22lr's, for all the reasons above. Nothing like having 20% of it fail to fire in both an AR .22 upper and all of my .22 pistols. I'd rather buy any other brand, than receive this for free.