NJdiverTony

What kind of ammo are you all using for AR plinking?

or its a stuck chamber nightmare.

That is what happened to me with Wolf. I bought a 1000 rounds real cheap in PA and after 200 rounds at the range with a bunch of FTF's and FTE's, and 2 stuck in the chamber. The first one was easy to get out. The 2nd one expanded to bad and stuck to the inside of the barrel, I needed to throw the cleaning rod in the muzzle and use a hammer. Took me a few minutes of hitting it very hard. I have away the other 800 rounds to someone who didn't care. He had similar problems. Lol.

I too had some issues with Wolf black box expanding and getting stuck. The cheapest stuff that i'll shoot anymore in my AR is either Silver Bear or the Ruag zinc coated stuff. Made by Barnaul, both of those are a couple steps above the Tula made Wolf in terms of quality and if you find a good deal, they are only marginally more expensive (like $240 per 1000 shipped to you door vs about $220-230 for wolf).

I use either Wolf or Silver Bear, I prefer Silver Bear, though both have worked fine in my rifle.

I too had some issues with Wolf black box expanding and getting stuck. The cheapest stuff that i'll shoot anymore in my AR is either Silver Bear or the Ruag zinc coated stuff. Made by Barnaul, both of those are a couple steps above the Tula made Wolf in terms of quality and if you find a good deal, they are only marginally more expensive (like $240 per 1000 shipped to you door vs about $220-230 for wolf).

Just to add that Wolf is now made by the same plant (Barnaul) as all the Bears (sliver, brown, etc) and not made in the tula plant anymore.

Where is everyone getting their ammo from? Looking to buy at last 500 rounds (maybe more depending on price) that I will be splitting with a friend. I've looked at so many different places online but not sure wheres the best place to buy. http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/shopping_cart.php ---> has PMC 55 FMJ for $168.95 (500 Rounds) shipping is +$18.66 so it averages $7.50 a box, is this a good price? I've shot the brand in my hand guns countless times (have some in the closet) and its always been good to me.

If the prices are right wouldn't mind stocking up on some hand gun ammo as well

Thanks!

Where is everyone getting their ammo from? Looking to buy at last 500 rounds (maybe more depending on price) that I will be splitting with a friend. I've looked at so many different places online but not sure wheres the best place to buy. http://www.ammunitio...opping_cart.php ---> has PMC 55 FMJ for $168.95 (500 Rounds) shipping is +$18.66 so it averages $7.50 a box, is this a good price? I've shot the brand in my hand guns countless times (have some in the closet) and its always been good to me.

If the prices are right wouldn't mind stocking up on some hand gun ammo as well

Thanks!

PSA has that ammo for $6.49 http://palmettostate...j-20rd-box.html

Natchez had it last week for $5.79 but it looks like they sold out http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=PM223A&src=tpCtgAm

I pay $5.61 per box ($6 including tax) for PMC 55gr locally at Jim Flynn's. Give him a call before you drive there to see what he has in stock. Bring cash as he doesn't take credit cards.

Thats an hour and 15 min away form me. The money i would spend on gas/miles/tolls might not even out.

If you are going to shoot Bear out of your AR... Go for Silver Bear or Golden Bear. I shoot both in their 62gr bimetal flavor. The silver is a zinc coated steel case, the golden is a brass coated steel base. They will still be dirty, as this is the result of the steel case not expanding and sealing the chamber the same way a real brass case would, but they both forgo the laquer/polymer coating for a metal coating which doesn't rub off or stay behind.

Great for plinking, and good accuracy as well. I reload for any attempts at precision work.

Ive not had a problem using any of the bears in my gun, that said though I prefer Silver Bear (if I can find it in stock) to any of the others though. But now Im about to start stocking up on Wolf ammo for a few reasons, its cheap and easier to find, it works fine in my gun, and its made in the same place that the Bear ammo is (Barnaul)

Those having problems with wolf

What uppers are you running with?

I had a full Bushmaster XM-15 E2S, with 16" Heavy Barrel .... no muzzle break and no threads... it was chambered in 5.56/.223 .. i believe the wolf was .223 but i'm not 100% on that.. i'm trying to remember the markings from the box.. it was a long time ago..

i don't remember the twist rate, .. i've sold that rifle for a flattop m4

Ordered the PMC last night from PSA, me and my buddy are splitting it. Came out to 6.79 a box shipped. Also took the opportunity to get a new grip and disconnector (see my other thread) and some rails.