staples

Pistol grips, fixed stocks for unconverted saiga

I want to change out my saiga's factory stock to put towards making it 922r compliant. I don't want to convert it, I don't want to pay for it and I am unable to do it personally. Even if I did, no store has the stocks/grips to do so. It doesn't seem like any stores have physical inventory of a pistol grip and fixed stock set like ACE's. Tapco's is obviously a no go without blind pinning (for those unaware: detacheable mag + collapsible stock + pistol grip is banned). Where does everyone order their pistol grips and stocks to convert their saigas, or just make it 922r complaint.

This also is in regards to other firearm pistol grips and stocks I own, so I figured I'd put it in general rifles.

Thanks!

I can't do any welding or grinding, I don't have the equipment nor any experience with it. Every gunsmith I talked to wanted more than what I paid for the rifle NEW to do it. So it doesn't seem worth it. I've fired converted saigas alongside mine and yea the trigger was better but I take time to aim my shots anyway. So I just need to know where I'd get the parts to change out the factory stocks and whatnot to make it 922r since nobody seems to ship here. Like where would the gunsmiths get it?

Carolina shooter supply ships here.

I agree with vlad, not converting the gun is a mistake. You can get a dremel from home depot for $50 or less and it will do all the gringing you need without issue. Not to mention come in handy many more times in the future for all kinds of stuff

I cannot emphasize enough how easy it is to do this conversion.

I actually have the skeleton stock, I bought the rifle when they first started coming over for ~$279 new. I am on the edge at just using doing other things to make it 922r at the moment and doing the stock later or conversion later. Thanks for your inputs again. I know there is a notable difference.

One thing of note about converting is I don't think my reciever has the drill holes required for the pistol grip bolt which might be kind of annoying. The dremelling and reconstructing the fire control group concern me a little lol.

Nino, carolina shooter supply should have conversion kits and/or trigger and grips.

I actually have the skeleton stock, I bought the rifle when they first started coming over for ~$279 new. I am on the edge at just using doing other things to make it 922r at the moment and doing the stock later or conversion later. Thanks for your inputs again. I know there is a notable difference.

One thing of note about converting is I don't think my reciever has the drill holes required for the pistol grip bolt which might be kind of annoying. The dremelling and reconstructing the fire control group concern me a little lol.

Nino, carolina shooter supply should have conversion kits and/or trigger and grips.

thanks I'll take a look

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gqvseu