fumanchu182

Would anyone be able to guide me in the right direction for AR15 tactical competitions?

Shongum has rifle side stages as an adjunct to their USPSA matches. You may want to check out Langhorne Rod & Gun and Topton - as they may have rifle specific matches.

I looked into USPSA and IDPA, don't know if my holster qualifies, it has been up in the air. I also have to get a 9mm, currenly only own a M&P22. Holster in question: http://www.fobusholster.com/products/S_W_M_P_and_SD9_SD40_EVOLUTION_ROTO_HOLSTER_BELT-1601-26.html

I have the paddle version of this holster and wondered if it could be used for IDPA. Any time I read a post or article online about holsters for IDPA, I never see Fobus mentioned.

I have the paddle version of this holster and wondered if it could be used for IDPA. Any time I read a post or article online about holsters for IDPA, I never see Fobus mentioned.

I;m not an IDPA guy myself, but I Believe that as long as it is concealable with what you are wearing, you're good to go.

I;m not an IDPA guy myself, but I Believe that as long as it is concealable with what you are wearing, you're good to go.

That's not QUITE accurate - they have belt "offset" regs out there saying how much separation is allowed between the attachment and the holster. I think this is by the Bladetech IDPA setup has very little drop and separation.

That's not QUITE accurate - they have belt "offset" regs out there saying how much separation is allowed between the attachment and the holster. I think this is by the Bladetech IDPA setup has very little drop and separation.

I don't want to give you bad information...but I participated in about 4 IDPA matches at Somerset with a Fobus holster that didn't completely meet IDPA rules. The gun stuck out a bit too far. Tom pointed it out the second time, and didn't say anything else the following two times. His main concern is safety, Tom isn't really the type of guy to give you a hard time or turn you down for something minimal like this. That's not to say you should take advantage of it, but if you want to get your feet wet in one or two matches there, I don't think Tom will put up a fuss about your holster as long as it's mounted in the proper location, and you participate safely.

In the South Jersey area:

South Jersey Shooting Club rins a 3 gun match once a month.

Quinton Sportsmans Club runs IDPA which is usually a 3 gun event.

Langhorne is a good suggestion, good club and good events.

IDPA: the question; "Is this specific holster IDPA legal?". This is a basically invalad question. Years ago te IDPA did away with the "approved" list. If you want. To know if your holster is IDPA legal, put it on, mid hip, wearing pants and belt you would wear at a match. Stand in front of a mirror and look at your holster. If you can see light between the holster and your body then the holster is offset too much for IDPA. If you can't see light then you are fine.

The same holster can have different results for 2 differet people.

Club level events will occasionally look at gear and give tips but won't kick you out for inappropriate gear. When I ran matched I used classifieds to review gear, but each club does it differently.

If you show up to a major match with "illegal" gear you will be penalized for each stage.

topton no longer holds uspsa, they went to multigun instead, they call it a tactical match, there is a rifle shotgun match in scheaffertown PA this sunday.

as far as gear for IDPA, bring what you have most clubs like getting new people so if its outside the guidelines in the beginning it is no big deal. If I'm attending a match that I can lend you something for I'd be more than happy.