M2AX

Hello from Livingston NJ

HI everyone .... been lurking for a while now, and decided to say hello. This is a great forum, and I've learned a lot, especially about NJ laws (which are very confusing to say the least). There are a great group of people here.

I'm just getting into shooting, and will be picking up my initial card and pistol permits tomorrow morning (finally got "the call" this afternoon). And yes, I will be putting my experiences into the "FID & PP Card Township Paperwork Requirements" and "NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project" threads.

As to why, well .... I've always been interested in firearms since I was a kid, and wanted them as an adult, but never quite got around to getting some and learning to shoot. Life seemed to get in the way (work, kids, etc.). After a long while, though, I wondered why I was waiting, especially after my younger sister (who lives in free america -- maine) got into target shooting with her fiancee. We all starting having long talks about their guns, and shooting in general, and I decided to take the plunge. So I took the basic NRA pistol class (thanks GunForHire) and have been reading lots of books (and this forum as well), applied for my permts, and here we are.

Looking forward to participating more in these forums as well.

A big welcome from another Livingstonite. Second what Jackruf said. Livingston has

been very good regarding paperwork. No complaints.

Give me a shout if I can be of any assistance.

Best regards

Kenny