Bully

Just a REALLY sh***y day!!!

So, business has been... tough. I moved operations (I'm a hairdresser) from NYC to Bergen Cty about 3 years ago with high hopes of spending more time with my family even if I didn't make as much money. That was fine with me. I don't feel a need to be "rich" or "wealthy", but it would be nice to be somewhat comfortable. It's not. Money is pretty tight, although my wife is quite permissive in allowing me so fun money. I don't think I overdo it, but I do have some hobbies that I can indulge. That being said, money is tight. We generally make the bills each month, but not by much. Today was a schlep into the city for a very good client that comes in every few months. Then back to work to wait around for one last client to come in. On the way home, I wrecked my car. Guy in front stopped short and BLAMMO!!! No one was hurt. Thank God for that.

Really, I just wanted to vent. Nothing more than that.

C

That sucks.. saw a bad accident today car must have stopped short and was rear ended hard, the car behind that also was rear ended hard, both front ends crushed halfway up the windshield..

Then later A full involved boat fire that caught the woods on fire on the same road east of rt 9 lacey twp.. i was working at another marina down the street but had left before the fire, my oldest boy called asking where i was because it went over his pager..

Are you listed in the "member owned business" section?

Anyone with such good taste in guns gets a recommendation from me!

(I'm bald BTW, but I have plenty of friends who still have hair :)

Dave T

Hey Dave. I'm not the owner, and I wasn't sure if I could list there. I work in Englewood at a place called Kink Salon (.net) right off Rt. 4. Really nice little place.

Mipafox, when I say she's permissive, it's within reason. Trust me on this. I've been selling a lot of other toys that I bought when I made MUCH better money. I cut my income by 70% when I made the move to NJ. So, yes, the lack of business is a problem. Please don't intimate otherwise.

C

Sorry Chris :/

I've been meaning to spread the word among the models I know , I'll get on it. I'm shooting a fashion show next Tuesday hopefully. Can you shoot some of your cards in the mail to me by then ? I'll PM you my addy.

Pete and I try to be decent to each other too when it comes to money for hobbies and such. It helps keep things going strong :)

i had a sh*tty commute today going to Elizabeth! First, the cops had my street blocked for a dump truck & an asphalt scraper, then McCarter hwy in Newark was packed, finally I was forced to jump the median to go into the lanes w/ no traffic on Rt1&9. They had trucks filling in the potholes..... -wtf!

Thanks all. I really appreciate the kind words.

Cage, from what I hear, I'm surprised that anyone got in your way at all!!!

Time to hang out with my honey. Nite. Tomorrow will be better.

C

Tonight was shitty for me too. I got shut down by every single girl I tried to talk to, which was pretty much ever girl at every bar/club. Not terribly surprising for me unfortunately but just the sheer number of times it happened, I mean, odds are eventually one will talk to me. Granted none of them spoke a lick of English, but still. What a moral killer. One of the few times drinking where I wish I would have blacked out so I wouldn't remember anything.

• Like 2

Tonight was shitty for me too. I got shut down by every single girl I tried to talk to, which was pretty much ever girl at every bar/club. Not terribly surprising for me unfortunately but just the sheer number of times it happened, I mean, odds are eventually one will talk to me. Granted none of them spoke a lick of English, but still. What a moral killer. One of the few times drinking where I wish I would have blacked out so I wouldn't remember anything.

:facepalm:

That's rough man, I'll keep you in my prayers. I'll ask St. Joesph, patron of workers to intercede for you as well.

You're sort of far away, but my best friend's father owns a garage in Philly, and they get cars once in a while, good used ones that they sell for a good price, I could see if they have anything you could get for cheap.

That's rough man, I'll keep you in my prayers. I'll ask St. Joesph, patron of workers to intercede for you as well.

You're sort of far away, but my best friend's father owns a garage in Philly, and they get cars once in a while, good used ones that they sell for a good price, I could see if they have anything you could get for cheap.

I'm going to send a couple of pics to my niece. Her husband (good Lord, that sounds odd, still!) owns a body shop. Gonna see what he has to say. I also don't care if he gets used and the truck is mis-matched. I am not one to worry about how my truck looks, I just need it to run when I put the key in. Hell, I may just go camo with it to completely kill the hairdresser aura!

C

carwreck003.jpg

Dude, hard times happen, and it sucks and we all get them from time to time. Do what you have to do, and cut where you need to cut and remember when things are down, they can only go up if you keep plugging through.

AS long as you got your OL, your both doing good health wise, if you have kids they are good and taken care of, you guns work and you have ammo and as long as the Pan kick's to life within 2 kicks, I'll give you 8 in front of hard-belly's, 4 for forgetting to turn the fuel on ;) , your doing alright in the big picture.

Hang in there dude, and never forget Karma..

I'm going to send a couple of pics to my niece. Her husband (good Lord, that sounds odd, still!) owns a body shop. Gonna see what he has to say. I also don't care if he gets used and the truck is mis-matched. I am not one to worry about how my truck looks, I just need it to run when I put the key in. Hell, I may just go camo with it to completely kill the hairdresser aura!

C

carwreck003.jpg

That's how I felt when I smashed up my 97 Maxima's front. The black bumpers don't actually really look that bad on my car.

Yeah, color of the bumper and really, the color of the front clip doesn't matter to me. I might do the whole truck in camo just cause when I own something nice, I can't seem to keep it that way long. Whereas if it looks like crap, I can't seem able to make it worse.

C

That sucks.. saw a bad accident today car must have stopped short and was rear ended hard, the car behind that also was rear ended hard, both front ends crushed halfway up the windshield..

Y'all ride to close to each other in this state. When I first moved here I would remark on how many times I thought some car was being towed just to find out it was a tail g

ater.

Just saying'

Agreed Bullpup, agreed.

Just an update. I'm in a better mood. My wife and I have figured out a game plan to get me thru for the time being. I have a buddy that is gonna shoot to my neck of the woods and take a look at some cheap beater cars as he is a mechanic. Good things are happening.

C