Jon

IDPA @ Somerset Sunday 4/15

24 members have voted

1. 1. What gun should j0n shoot?

• HK USPc9
    • Browning HiPower
    • S&W M&P45c
    • I like pie

I'm in. I'm almost positive I'll be shooting my SR9. Only way I'll shoot the new 1911 is if I can find a holster in time...and I don't think funds will allow that just yet.

I have a holster you can borrow.

ETA: It's a blackhawk cqc(no button).

In, and so is my son. We'll be shooting my 226 and Dan Wesson CBOB. I haven't decided which one I'll let him shoot. Vic, if we weren't shooting my CBOB I'd offer you my Blade Tech for Saturday, sorry. FYI, this looks like a nice holster for 1911 use in IDPA (suede-lined so reduces wear marks):

Front Line LKC 3-Layer Belt Holster Right Hand 1911 Suede Lined Leather and Kydex Brown

I have a holster you can borrow.

ETA: It's a blackhawk cqc(no button).

I'm in. I'm bringing my PX4 this time with a fresh holster and pouches.

VJF915, I can bring a Galco Matrix holster in kydex for the 1911 if you want to do some comparison shopping.

I appreciate the offers. My belt is 2" wide, will either of these fit a 2" belt?

I appreciate the offers. My belt is 2" wide, will either of these fit a 2" belt?

Not my galco. You might take a look at falco gun holsters. I think most of their holsters are made for a 2 inch belt.

(Do yourself a favor and check out the site either way, there's a sweet header right now. ;) )

no revolver option?

fail

What are you talking about? I've shot a revolver here for probably the past six months and last month I believe we had four people shooting wheelguns. IDPA provides for major caliber (165 PF) moonclip fed revolvers in ESR divison, and minor caliber (105 PF) revolvers that use speedloaders in SSR division. Probably more revolver shooters in IDPA than in USPSA. Anymore than that you'd have to shoot ICORE.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

What're the procedures for someone that wants to come to observe and meet people? Would I need an FID to be on the range or anything like that? I'm going to be down in Bayonne that weekend and was thinking about dropping in the morning to meet people and see how the events run.

What're the procedures for someone that wants to come to observe and meet people? Would I need an FID to be on the range or anything like that? I'm going to be down in Bayonne that weekend and was thinking about dropping in the morning to meet people and see how the events run.

Just show-up. This is a somewhat late start (11:45 AM) but there will be people around from about 10 AM onward. Hope to see you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Pretty sure it will, and I think it has a paddle attachment also. I'll bring it.

Thanks Jon! Wait...is this just a sneaky way to get me out of shooting the same division as you?!?! :p

talking about j0n's failure to include a "revolver option"

Adios,

Revolver man

Watch out. I got yelled at earlier today for doing the same exact thing...

Thanks Jon! Wait...is this just a sneaky way to get me out of shooting the same division as you?!?! :p

Watch out. I got yelled at earlier today for doing the same exact thing...

Is your 1911 in .45 or 9? Either way I can run my mp45c in cdp or my bhp in esp... :p

Is your 1911 in .45 or 9? Either way I can run my mp45c in cdp or my bhp in esp... :p

.45. Even if I had the money, I don't think I could purchase such a blasphemy as a 1911 in 9mm (Sorry Bob :xD:). Might as well buy an AK style rifle in 5.56.

Jon I don't think I will shoot the 1911 this match. I know Bob is going to lash back and make fun of me again, but I'd like to get a little more comfortable with it before using it at a match. I only have 100 rounds through it. I appreciate the offer though.

.45. Even if I had the money, I don't think I could purchase such a blasphemy as a 1911 in 9mm (Sorry Bob :xD:). Might as well buy an AK style rifle in 5.56.

You have been listening to me too much. I'd +1 you if i could.