this_is_nascar

Experiences with Buds Gun Shop ?

I bought a sig a few months ago from them. They advertise 7-10(14) business days to be processed and shipped. I called a day AFTER their stated date to be shipped and got the old "we're swamped, weve put on extra staff" and "Let me call you back - Ahh yes its scheduled for shipping and ready to go, just has not been picked up by shipper yet" Magically, it shipped the next day. It took a total of 3.5 weeks, but totally worth it for the money I saved.

I would buy from them again, just dont buy with an itch to have it RIGHT NAO!!! :)

I used them last year to buy a handgun... no problems at all. I paid cash via bank transfer and they shipped my pistol within 3 days and it was at my FFL a couple of days later. Very easy and pleasant transaction. They are a very busy gun seller, so I can imagine that they are busy as heck these days with gun sales going through the roof.

I've used them a number of times. Nothing but positive experiences. Great prices, huge selection, reliable service, and all of the guns have arrived as advertised. Don't expect to get them on the phone -- they do appear to be swamped with orders. For guns up to $500 or so, I try to use local stores since the savings from Buds, once you factor in the FFL fee, isn't all that much. But for higher priced guns the savings can be substantial when you factor in their lower price, no tax, and free shipping. Keep in mind that their advertised price is the cash price, and the credit card price is 3% higher (which they disclose).

Correct, I'm aware of the 3% cash discount. I didn't want to waste the time mailing them a money order or check and I certainly wasn't going to allow them direct access to deduct it from my checking account. I opted to pay via credit-card, to get the added protection I get because of using it, so there shouldn't be any delays with them getting payment. I just thought they'd be able to ship a bit more quickly, even though I'm still well within their policy guidelines.

I've purchased 2 hand guns through them without any problems and frequently use their prices as a benchmark when shopping around for firearms.

I was ready to make this purchase locally, however a mistake on my part caused me to lose the last one that was available by the distributor. That being said, even with the lack of the 3% cash discount, plus the cost of shipping (zero), plus not having to pay NJ tax, plus the cost of what the FFL transfer and NICS will be, I still saved some coin on this transaction, so I'm happy.