johnp

Has anyone actually applied for a NJ CCW?

I was reading something and it got me thinking, has anyone on here applied for a NJ CCW? I realized that I was told and keep hearing that it is impossible unless you're connected etc. So I just accepted the fact that it's impossible and didn't try. But have any regular citizens ever applied and been approved?

I'm sure this might have been discussed before but I couldn't find it. The point of my question being have we all accepted defeat without even trying? Not trying to sound negative, just an honest question.

Also, is there any record of how many ccws NJ issues per year?

The big issue you will run into when you do apply is the non-definitive, subjective, and vague clause in the law that says you must show proof of "justifiable need". That's why there is a lawsuit (with multiple plaintiffs) going on right now over that issue.

I would think though if we flood the PD's and state police with CCW applications and they keep denying everyone it would help the cause. It would show how unjust the current laws are and how they are not working, and how tax dollars and resources are wasted in attempts to stop 2nd amendment rights.

I was reading something and it got me thinking, has anyone on here applied for a NJ CCW?

Tons of them are applied for and rejected every year.

If everybody does this, they can tie up their understaffed local PD with work doing the necessary investigations so that they can complain about why it takes so long to get an FID or PTP..........................................

And forevermore you will need to check the "yes" box on the Federal form that asks if you have ever been rejected for a firearm permit, and explain why. This will be true even if you move out of Jersey.

I personnally know of a state pyshcologist who applied because he was constantly given death threats by his patients he would commit to hospitals. He applied and was DENIED. I think it sucks to be a citizen especially in this case and be denied but thats the way it is here. Thanksfully I don't need to worry about that.

I personnally know of a state pyshcologist who applied because he was constantly given death threats by his patients he would commit to hospitals. He applied and was DENIED. I think it sucks to be a citizen especially in this case and be denied but thats the way it is here. Thanksfully I don't need to worry about that.

I'd love to be a "fly on the paper" so to speak to see what actually happens to these requests as they come in. Do they ever really get looked at or do they go right into the trash can without a second look?

Read the complaint here http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20560-saf-v-nj-muller-et-al-v-maenza-et-al/ and you'll see a number of people you would think should be well qualified were denied. The responses in the state filings brag about NJ's policy to limit CCW permits in almost all cases. There is no way an ordinary person will be approved.

And forevermore you will need to check the "yes" box on the Federal form that asks if you have ever been rejected for a firearm permit, and explain why. This will be true even if you move out of Jersey.

That would be on the NJSP form to apply for an FID or pistol purchas permit. There is no such question on a 4473.

Not busting your chops Lunker I had to look it up to be sure.

So what? Just write the reason for rejection and be done with it. It's not like being rejected for a CCW permit makes you a prohibited person.

I'd love to be a "fly on the paper" so to speak to see what actually happens to these requests as they come in. Do they ever really get looked at or do they go right into the trash can without a second look?

The problem is liability. Most judges don't want to be on the hook for giving someone a CCW and then having something go awry. Cut the judges and CLEOs out of it, and it's a simpler process.

So what? Just write the reason for rejection and be done with it. It's not like being rejected for a CCW permit makes you a prohibited person.

It's not so cut and dry. In MA - prior rejection for a CCW or Firearms license CAN be seen as grounds for denial by police chiefs. It is definitely a question on the licensing process up here.

It's not so cut and dry. In MA - prior rejection for a CCW or Firearms license CAN be seen as grounds for denial by police chiefs. It is definitely a question on the licensing process up here.

Yeah, but we're in NJ.

The problem is liability. Most judges don't want to be on the hook for giving someone a CCW and then having something go awry. Cut the judges and CLEOs out of it, and it's a simpler process.

I had this discussion with a judge friend of mine. Judges cannot be sued.

reloader guy is correct. Judges can't be sued. Who would want to be a judge if they could be sued for every decision they made?

Yeah, but we're in NJ.

Point taken and valid if you live in NJ for the rest of your life and you don't pursue an out of state permit to places like UT or FL. I was just making the point that outside NJ, there are places that do ask the question and can deny based on that field.

When there is an option for anyone to say "No" without any repercussions, no benefits in saying "Yes" to them, life goes on etc... that will nearly always be the answer.

This is why it is completely ridiculous that a Constitutional and inalienable right (2A and self defense) can be stricken down by a judge on their based on their own subjective feelings and ideas. Absolute power corrupts absolutely... and that is what we have, legally assisted corruption. A system that caters to the privileged and politically connected, while the rest of the sheeple are summarily lumped together into the deny-all bin.

I was at a range and the former mayor of Englewood (a Democrat) strolled in with a glock on his hip. I know he is not former LEO. I wonder what the process was there, exactly? I wish I had asked him. A wink and an nudge to the Englewood Police Chief perhaps, but what about the judge? Is there any record of the approval/denial of permits? I'm betting that there are other politicians who have permits. I'd love to see the record on how their applications are approved.

I had this discussion with a judge friend of mine. Judges cannot be sued.

Yes, but they can be not re-elected. And I can imagine the campaign ads now--against a judge who approved a CCW permit that was later used in commission of a crime.

reloader guy is correct. Judges can't be sued. Who would want to be a judge if they could be sued for every decision they made?

I didn't mention lawsuits. But judges don't want to be held responsible for this stuff. I don't know why, but they don't. Otherwise, why would they care so much and deny people all the time?

I didn't mention lawsuits. But judges don't want to be held responsible for this stuff. I don't know why, but they don't. Otherwise, why would they care so much and deny people all the time?

Because NJ is run by liberals and they are the ones who appoint judges. Look at the NJ Supreme Court. Denying carry permits is not a matter of being held responsible but one of furtherance of an agenda. Its got nothing to do with being held responsible as they can be held responsible for not issuing permits to people who have applied, been denied, and later killed or seriously injured by a criminal.