fmtek

Trigger job for Sig P229 SAS DAK

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has had a trigger job done to a Sig DAK trigger? Do you have any suggestion on who does this type of work to Sig's?

It's a 1st Gen Sig P229 SAS w/ DAK trigger. I'm not crazy about the heavy/long first pull.

I had similar issues with my Beretta 96 and had Langdon Tactical do a Stage II trigger job on it and I shoot it great. This was a long time ago, he closed up shop a while back.

Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Frank

You really can't improve too much on the DAK trigger. In can be slightly improved by polishing's but nothing like a DA/SA trigger job like Wombat mentions.

If you call Bruce at gray guns, he will let you know in detail what I am talking about.

You can swap the DAK trigger out for a DA/SA trigger and have a trigger job done. I can make this happen for you if you interested. PM me and I will let you know what I am talking about.

Also, to swap over to a da/sa trigger system, would be around $200 in parts with a short reset trigger, then a trigger job on top of that. Sig charges $200 for the conversion, $99 for the short reset trigger and the $$ for the trigger job.

Like others have mentioned you can't really improve the DAK a whole lot. If this is not your carry/HD gun, swap out the main spring for a lighter one. Put in a snap cap and dry fire it 100x a day for a while and that'll smooth out the action :)

I had a 229 with the DAK and got rid of it. It was nothing like my HK USPc with the LEM (which I also sold).

i also had the HK USP Compact .40 and sold it.. wasn't crazy about that trigger either..

i think i may just sell the Sig and get something else... i bought it off my friend who worked for state corrections.. then moved to a local pd, who wouldn't allow that pistol as an off duty.. so i took it off his hands.. i don't remember shooting it as bad as i did last week.. but that may be cause i haven't shot it in a while..

but i may just put it up for sale... i still have the original wood grips, which i took off and put a hogue wrap around..

i also had the HK USP Compact .40 and sold it.. wasn't crazy about that trigger either..

i think i may just sell the Sig and get something else... i bought it off my friend who worked for state corrections.. then moved to a local pd, who wouldn't allow that pistol as an off duty.. so i took it off his hands.. i don't remember shooting it as bad as i did last week.. but that may be cause i haven't shot it in a while..

but i may just put it up for sale... i still have the original wood grips, which i took off and put a hogue wrap around..

I like the DAK trigger, as it is different. If you should decide to sell the gun, lemme know. I am interested in it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Topics

• fresh pan fried noodles... dim sum... beef & tomatos... salt & pepper pork.  wash it all down with some tsing tao damn I miss chinatown   saint marks is amazing too for japanese izakaya and gigantic bottles of hot or cold sake  
    • screw take-out... Now I want to take a trip to china town and hit up Wo-Hop
    • AVB, thanks for posting this.  I have a lot of the same concerns that you had as you set out for your trip.  When the permits are issued I plan to carry a Walther PPS M2 when I travel to states where my permits allow.  To help with the varying laws, I think the apps and cheat sheets you wrote about will help a lot.   The issues I am looking for insight on are how to safely and legally go from fopa transport to carry, best way to deal with bathroom stops and what will be the best holster type and position to use.  As far as all of this ergonomic stuff, I wasn't sure how well any particular IWB would work while driving. I've seen a couple very soft leather IWB holsters with some sort of lambskin interior.  Maybe this isn't a real concern but something as soft as that might allow the trigger to be pressed while in the holster. Or create some sort of crappy, unsafe draw stroke in a hurry if the weapon shifts around.  It looks comfortable but my uninformed innitial thought was something more like a Kydex molded holster with some soft leather on the outside.  Something that keeps the weapon in the same place every time my hand goes to draw it. I think bringing a bag along is helpful.  HE...I was going with Michael Kors.... but now you got me considering Coach....  I wouldn't do SoB.  I'd probably duct tape it between my shoulder blades first.  Can't remember what tv show or movie I saw that in..... And then after I sort this basic operational stuff out out and get comfortable ...and not paranoid about carrying, there's the important issue of how well will I perform / react if a situation arises where I need to use the weapon?  Gun games are fun and help with the mechanics I suppose.  But none of them help with the decision process leading up to drawing and firing the weapon.  At least, I don't believe they do. Different type of training. Different mindset.  I believe.  A conversation for a different thread. Again, excellent thread AVB.  Thanks for starting it and drawing in a lot of excellent comments from others.  
    • Crap, now i'm hungry and its too late to order takeout. Going to raid the fridge..   The chicken with cashews is a new favorite, as is the chicken with broccoli in some sort of garlic sauce. That stuff is bangin'.
      I'm Jewish and follow a fair bit of the rules, so no shrimp or pork for me, so i'm probably a bad person to ask..  
    • Pretty much everything listed here is all take-out quality stuff. Singapore Mei Fun is probably the most legit.  Boneless Rib Tips are good. Fried Chicken from Chinese takeout places is usually good.  The Iced tea (if not in a bottle) is usually Lipton powder mix, lol.