fmtek

Trigger job for Sig P229 SAS DAK

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has had a trigger job done to a Sig DAK trigger? Do you have any suggestion on who does this type of work to Sig's?

It's a 1st Gen Sig P229 SAS w/ DAK trigger. I'm not crazy about the heavy/long first pull.

I had similar issues with my Beretta 96 and had Langdon Tactical do a Stage II trigger job on it and I shoot it great. This was a long time ago, he closed up shop a while back.

Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Frank

You really can't improve too much on the DAK trigger. In can be slightly improved by polishing's but nothing like a DA/SA trigger job like Wombat mentions.

If you call Bruce at gray guns, he will let you know in detail what I am talking about.

You can swap the DAK trigger out for a DA/SA trigger and have a trigger job done. I can make this happen for you if you interested. PM me and I will let you know what I am talking about.

Also, to swap over to a da/sa trigger system, would be around $200 in parts with a short reset trigger, then a trigger job on top of that. Sig charges $200 for the conversion, $99 for the short reset trigger and the $$ for the trigger job.

Like others have mentioned you can't really improve the DAK a whole lot. If this is not your carry/HD gun, swap out the main spring for a lighter one. Put in a snap cap and dry fire it 100x a day for a while and that'll smooth out the action :)

I had a 229 with the DAK and got rid of it. It was nothing like my HK USPc with the LEM (which I also sold).

i also had the HK USP Compact .40 and sold it.. wasn't crazy about that trigger either..

i think i may just sell the Sig and get something else... i bought it off my friend who worked for state corrections.. then moved to a local pd, who wouldn't allow that pistol as an off duty.. so i took it off his hands.. i don't remember shooting it as bad as i did last week.. but that may be cause i haven't shot it in a while..

but i may just put it up for sale... i still have the original wood grips, which i took off and put a hogue wrap around..

i also had the HK USP Compact .40 and sold it.. wasn't crazy about that trigger either..

i think i may just sell the Sig and get something else... i bought it off my friend who worked for state corrections.. then moved to a local pd, who wouldn't allow that pistol as an off duty.. so i took it off his hands.. i don't remember shooting it as bad as i did last week.. but that may be cause i haven't shot it in a while..

but i may just put it up for sale... i still have the original wood grips, which i took off and put a hogue wrap around..

I like the DAK trigger, as it is different. If you should decide to sell the gun, lemme know. I am interested in it.