TheMan

Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting

Even Fox had him guilty the first day out..........couldn't believe Shepard Smith's report.....very very bias.

Half of this forum had him guilty the first day out.

So yesterday we find out that George Zimmerman had two black eyes, a broken nose and two lacerations to the back of his head.

Today we find out Trayvon Martin had bruising to his knuckles.

Anyone left that still thinks George Zimmerman isn't getting railroaded here?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/16/autopsy-results-reportedly-indicate-trayvon-martin-suffered-injuries-to/?intcmp=trending

----------

Autopsy results reportedly indicate Trayvon Martin suffered injuries to knuckles

Autopsy results reportedly indicate that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin had injuries to his knuckles when he died, which could support George Zimmerman’s claim that the unarmed teenager assaulted him before he was fatally shot.

WFTV.com reports that a medical examiner found two injuries on Martin’s body: the fatal gunshot wound to the chest and broken skin on his knuckles. The autopsy results surface as court records indicate that Zimmerman had a pair of black eyes, a fractured nose and two cuts to the back of his head after the fatal shooting on Feb. 26.

A message left with Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Bill Sheaffer, a legal analyst for WFTV.com, said the autopsy evidence likely helps Zimmerman’s defense.

“It goes along with Zimmerman’s story that he acted in self-defense, because he was getting beaten up by Trayvon Martin,” he said.

But the injury could also be consistent with Trayvon “either trying to get away or defend himself,” Sheaffer continued.

Meanwhile, ABC News reports that Zimmerman’s medical records were part of evidence released Tuesday that prosecutors have in the second-degree murder case. Zimmerman, who was treated Feb. 27 at Altamonte Family Practice, has pleaded not guilty and has claimed he acted in self-defense. The 28-year-old is free on $150,000 bail and is living in an undisclosed location.

So yesterday we find out that George Zimmerman had two black eyes, a broken nose and two lacerations to the back of his head.

Today we find out Trayvon Martin had bruising to his knuckles.

Anyone left that still thinks George Zimmerman isn't getting railroaded here?

http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

----------

Autopsy results reportedly indicate Trayvon Martin suffered injuries to knuckles

Autopsy results reportedly indicate that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin had injuries to his knuckles when he died, which could support George Zimmerman’s claim that the unarmed teenager assaulted him before he was fatally shot.

WFTV.com reports that a medical examiner found two injuries on Martin’s body: the fatal gunshot wound to the chest and broken skin on his knuckles. The autopsy results surface as court records indicate that Zimmerman had a pair of black eyes, a fractured nose and two cuts to the back of his head after the fatal shooting on Feb. 26.

A message left with Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Bill Sheaffer, a legal analyst for WFTV.com, said the autopsy evidence likely helps Zimmerman’s defense.

“It goes along with Zimmerman’s story that he acted in self-defense, because he was getting beaten up by Trayvon Martin,” he said.

But the injury could also be consistent with Trayvon “either trying to get away or defend himself,” Sheaffer continued.

Meanwhile, ABC News reports that Zimmerman’s medical records were part of evidence released Tuesday that prosecutors have in the second-degree murder case. Zimmerman, who was treated Feb. 27 at Altamonte Family Practice, has pleaded not guilty and has claimed he acted in self-defense. The 28-year-old is free on $150,000 bail and is living in an undisclosed location.

Hey Mark - The way I see it now is, the "Stand Your Ground" issue is moot. It may be construed that Z was fighting for his life and thus exersizing lethal force.

Personally from what I see Z is going to walk on this. His next court appearance is August and I'm pretty sure the trial won't take place until after the election. And if worst comes to worst there will be 60's like riots especially if we have a new President.

Looking into my crystal ball if Obama is re-elected and Z is aquited, Z will be brought up on Fed Hate Crime charges.

Agreed, but what do you think about my prediction?

Eric Holder will make George Zimmerman pay if he gets any say in the matter. After all for Holder, George shot one of "My People".

<--makes my blood boil.

Two things will prevent that. If he gets ousted for running guns to Mexico in an attempt to undermine the 2nd amendment or, captain zero doesn't get re-elected. so I believe this aligns with your view.

Finally, it's MOOT point. Þ

I don't get what the sudden uproar is all about. We already know that Zimmerman is being railroaded. As Alan Dershowitz pointed out, there is absolutely nothing in the Prosecutor's affidavit that would support a 2nd degree murder charge, or even a manslaughter charge for that matter. The prosecutor is acting in bad faith, pursuing a politically motivated case. We also know that Zimmerman is not an innocent party here. He f-d up big time when he ignored police direction and followed Martin. Further, did anyone really doubt that the two of them got into a scuffle? The blackeyes and broken nose on Zimmerman and the injuries to Martin's knuckles only confirm that, but aren't really all that surprising. And, even if they were in a scuffle, that doesn't necessarily mean that Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin. He may or may not have been -- it would depend on how badly he was being beaten and also on who started the physical altercation.

Lawyers like to say that bad facts make bad law. In this case, there are bad facts or incomplete facts all around, and that is leading to warped policy discussions (unjustified criticism of stand your ground and concealed carry laws), race baiting, and idiots who are putting out those "hoodie targets" that only serve to make gun owners look like ignorant a-holes.

I don't get what the sudden uproar is all about. We already know that Zimmerman is being railroaded. As Alan Dershowitz pointed out, there is absolutely nothing in the Prosecutor's affidavit that would support a 2nd degree murder charge, or even a manslaughter charge for that matter. The prosecutor is acting in bad faith, pursuing a politically motivated case. We also know that Zimmerman is not an innocent party here. He f-d up big time when he ignored police direction and followed Martin. Further, did anyone really doubt that the two of them got into a scuffle? The blackeyes and broken nose on Zimmerman and the injuries to Martin's knuckles only confirm that, but aren't really all that surprising. And, even if they were in a scuffle, that doesn't necessarily mean that Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin. He may or may not have been -- it would depend on how badly he was being beaten and also on who started the physical altercation.

Lawyers like to say that bad facts make bad law. In this case, there are bad facts or incomplete facts all around, and that is leading to warped policy discussions (unjustified criticism of stand your ground and concealed carry laws), race baiting, and idiots who are putting out those "hoodie targets" that only serve to make gun owners look like ignorant a-holes.

A 9-11 operator is not the police. After he was advised to not pursue, he stopped and lost sight of Martin. And then Martin re-emerged and got into a fight with Z, and after beating him, Martin went for Z's gun.

A 9-11 operator is not the police. After he was advised to not pursue, he stopped and lost sight of Martin.

He wasn't advised not to pursue. The dispatcher commented that they don't need him to follow.

Here is the exact transcript

911 dispatcher: Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman: Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher: OK. We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman: OK. [2:28]

Don't really care whether he was "instructed" or "advised". He still f-d up. Unless he saw a violent attack in progress, he had no business -- zero, zilch, zip, nada -- getting out and following someone. He isn't a police officer. His job was to watch and report, that's it. Yes, he had a right to carry a firearm for self-defense, but with rights come responsibilities and he acted irresponsibly by putting himself in that situation. If the schmuck had sat in his car and waited for the police Martin would be alive and Zimmerman wouldn't have ruined his own life.

I don't think any of that is relevant to the case. It possibly hinges on GZs testimony when compared to eyewitness account.

If the eyewitness testifies that trayvon Martin was on top of a prostrate George Zimmerman, beating his head on the pavement...just as GZ claims in his defense... Florida base self defense law (not stand yur ground) applies and GZ was justified in using deadly force.

If the eyewitness does not corroborate his story, it's much more difficult to prove this was a good shoot.

Don't really care whether he was "instructed" or "advised".

He was neither. The 911 operator made a declarative statement.

He still f-d up.

You're entitled to your opinion, incorrect as it may be. If I see someone roaming around my neighborhood, I would follow him at a distance.

Trayvon Martin F-d up when he became the aggressor, startling and attacking George Martin. But hey, I suppose George could have used his eyeballs to pummel Martin's knuckles.

Reading some of the news that has been thrown around, Zimmerman merely got out of the car to see a street sign.

He was then approached by Martin. So if all that is true then he really was trying to maintain visual contact and report a location. What we will never know is if the above is the true timeline.

However the anonymous girlfriend on the phone seemed at one time to indicate that Martin went up to Zimmerman.

So, jumping to the conclusion that he was "getting out and following someone" is not a fully supported theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some of you will get all bent over this but this is why it's better when you're involved in a Self defense shooting for the assailant (aggressor) to die. Then it's your story and the evidence available that will determine your guilt/innocence.

True. Dead men tell no tales.

Well that's good. Should help cover the costs of moving. Last I heard he apologized via twitter, which was just as stupid as the first tweet. Because after all, everybody in their 70's uses twitter.

IF I were the victim of his stupidity, even if he apologized to me in person, I would want him to own up to being a dumbass in the same venue he acted like a dumbass. Even if I don't frequent that venue. If you act like a jerk to me, apologize to me, but nobody knows and you still tell the friends you were showing off ofr that you were awesome and did nothing wrong, the apology is pretty much worthless and self-serving.

I'm still not convinced that GZ acted outside of the law, expecially in light of the new evidence. I donated at http://www.gzdefensefund.com/ to help with his legal expenses. Since we'll never know for sure, I figured I help with the legal expenses.

I wonder what the Martin family lawyer is thinking these days?

Career change maybe?

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-complained-sanford-police-2011-211229899.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CYesL9POSwASYLQtDMD

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman accused the Sanford police department of corruption more than a year before he shot Trayvon Martin, saying at a public forum the agency covered up the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white officer.

"I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white," Zimmerman said during a 90-second statement to city commissioners at a community forum. "It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those who are in the thin blue line."

The forum took place on Jan. 8, 2011, days after a video of the beating went viral on the Internet and then-Sanford Police Chief Brian Tooley was forced to retire. Tooley's department faced criticism for dragging its feet in arresting Justin Collison, the son of a police lieutenant.

[Related: Should the murder charge be dropped?]

"I'd like to know what action the commission is taking in order to repeal Mr. Tooley's pension," Zimmerman said to the commission. "I'm not asking you to repeal his pension; I believe he's already forfeited his pension by his illegal cover-up in corruption in what happened in his department."

Zimmerman's public comments could be important because the Martin family and supporters contend the neighborhood watch volunteer singled Martin out because he was black

Don't really care whether he was "instructed" or "advised". He still f-d up. Unless he saw a violent attack in progress, he had no business -- zero, zilch, zip, nada -- getting out and following someone. He isn't a police officer. His job was to watch and report, that's it. Yes, he had a right to carry a firearm for self-defense, but with rights come responsibilities and he acted irresponsibly by putting himself in that situation. If the schmuck had sat in his car and waited for the police Martin would be alive and Zimmerman wouldn't have ruined his own life.

Please stay in Jersey.

There is no law requiring you to be a sheep. You can approach and speak to any person you want to for any reason at any time as long as you don't break a law. And, you should.

None of this applies to the case at hand, but it does apply to my point.

If somebody is trespassing on my property, is it legal for me to use force to remove them? Yes. If they react in a way that puts me or others in fear of our lives, may I apply deadly force? Yes.

If somebody is breaking into my car in a public space not owned by me, can I use force to stop them? Yes. If they react in a way that puts me or others in fear of our lives, may I apply deadly force? Yes.

People like you are the reason that that 40 people on a train to NY do nothing while one man with a hammer beats somebody in the head.

I won't ask that you do or change anything. Just don't prosthelytize in my direction. And I suggest you don't stand close to the man swinging the hammer.