Kaiser7

Has Political Correctness gone too far?

Take a look at this video I saw on yahoo. Apparently this 17 year old made a mural for her school....

http://news.yahoo.co...e-28921725.html

I forgot that I should sum it up for those who can't, or don't want to watch the video.

A girl did a mural for her school depicting a boy passing through various stages in his life. In the end, he is married with a woman and a kid. THAT was the offensive part, as it did not include those with "alternate lifestyles." Apparently some mother and her kid got butt hurt by that. The school then painted over the "offensive" part. The student who painted it has apologized for offending anyone....

I should mention, I'm a supporter of gay rights, but this annoyed me.

What happened is ridiculous. Have the girl apologize? For what? This kind of crap is very one sided as I'm sure if the mural ended in a gay marriage and the artist was told it was offensive there would be way too many people defending it.

I love when you hear "one ______was offended " and that was the basis for action. Holy cow.

If my kid drew that I would have just told them to draw some world traveling and experiences in between the cap and gown and settled with a family picture.

That is upsetting . Offensive ? Wow.

WTF!!!! My gripe with this is people taking things far to literal. The mural is obviously just showing how the end result of the mans life is family..... that's it. What ever you consider family in your own opinion can be taken away from that, people are just dumb and have no idea how to look at the big picture. Obviously when people have predetermined feelings about something they become very narrow minded, but this is just plain dumb.