Scott204

PA Gun shows, Who is going to the Oaks Show

I know its a few weeks early but I am planning on going to the gun show on May 5th. I am undeceided on either the Eagle Arms show or the Philli Armory show. Any experienced people in here that have gone to either or both?? I am looking for a SKS or an AK variant. And as always AMMO. Also if anyone else is going wouldn't mind meeting a few people there. Especially since I don't have a lot of experience with either rifles I am looking at.

Also if anyone else is going wouldn't mind meeting a few people there. Especially since I don't have a lot of experience with either rifles I am looking at.

If I get my FID by then, I'm going for sure. Maybe even if I don't have it yet, we'll see... but yeah, we should do a meet-up. I'm another noob that would love some pointers from experienced members on what to look for when buying used guns from these shows. Any experienced volunteer's out there willing to show some noob's around? And of course, I'm referring to the Oaks show.

I know its a few weeks early but I am planning on going to the gun show on May 5th. I am undeceided on either the Eagle Arms show or the Philli Armory show. Any experienced people in here that have gone to either or both?? I am looking for a SKS or an AK variant. And as always AMMO. Also if anyone else is going wouldn't mind meeting a few people there. Especially since I don't have a lot of experience with either rifles I am looking at.

Haven't been to the Eagle Arms show, but I went to the Philly armory show, being it's only about 30 minutes from where I live. It was okay, but honestly I was hoping for more stuff. It seemed pretty small, and stuff there was relatively expensive. It was fun either way though, so, if I were you, go to one of them at least!

Also glad you brought this to my attention, I think I'll be done school then, maybe I'll go to one of those shows. If someone can post some info on them, I'd appreciate it.

Also glad you brought this to my attention, I think I'll be done school then, maybe I'll go to one of those shows. If someone can post some info on them, I'd appreciate it.

Ok so Eagle Arms show it is then for me. Here is the info. May 5th and 6th 9 am to 5 pm on satruday and 9 am to 4 pm sunday. $10 to get in but if you go to www.eaglearms.com you can print a $1 off coupon. Address for show is 100 Station Avenue in Oaks, PA but they say some GPS units have trouble with that address so they list this one: 1601 Egypt Road Phoenixville, PA 19460 which is for a pizzeria and you can follow signs to the expo center.

Ok so Eagle Arms show it is then for me. Here is the info. May 5th and 6th 9 am to 5 pm on satruday and 9 am to 4 pm sunday. $10 to get in but if you go to www.eaglearms.com you can print a $1 off coupon. Address for show is 100 Station Avenue in Oaks, PA but they say some GPS units have trouble with that address so they list this one: 1601 Egypt Road Phoenixville, PA 19460 which is for a pizzeria and you can follow signs to the expo center.

Yes, if you go to the show in Oaks, DO NOT put "oaks convention center" or anything similar in your GPS. It will take you to some industrial park about 2 miles from where you want to be.

Yes, if you go to the show in Oaks, DO NOT put "oaks convention center" or anything similar in your GPS. It will take you to some industrial park about 2 miles from where you want to be.

Good to know. Now I just have to see if my friends want to go. If I'm able to go, anyone in the area can come with me haha!

What can a New Jersey resident legally purchase and bring home from a Pennsylvania gun show?

Here is what you definitely Cannot purchase/bring back to NJ: Fully automatic,Short barrel rifle/shotgun, Anything classified as an assault weapon in NJ,or magazines over 15 round capacity.

Pistols or pistol grip shotguns as well as receivers can be purchased as long as they comply with NJ law, but would have to be shipped to a NJ FFL dealer for transfer.

Think that should cover it unless I forgot something?

Here is what you definitely Cannot purchase/bring back to NJ: Fully automatic,Short barrel rifle/shotgun, Anything classified as an assault weapon in NJ,or magazines over 15 round capacity.

Pistols or pistol grip shotguns as well as receivers can be purchased as long as they comply with NJ law, but would have to be shipped to a NJ FFL dealer for transfer.

Think that should cover it unless I forgot something?

Probably easiest to just print out the Attorney General's guidelines and just bring them with you.

What can a New Jersey resident legally purchase and bring home from a Pennsylvania gun show?

Long arms as long as they are NJ compliant and you have your FPID. If you intend to purchase, it wouldn't hurt to take some blank COE's - although some PA dealers won't be bothered with them, you should have a copy, with the seller's info, for yourself.

Two shows coming up this weekend (5/5 & 5/6) - Oaks and Philly Armory, plus a USPSA Classifier @ Shongum. Busy weekend.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If you OC then carry a BUG. The Eagle Arms guys (and girl) do not work the door, they have state cops at the firearm clearing table. They will ask you to clear your primary carry gun if they can see it. Officially, no loaded firearms are allowed.

I went to the Oaks show for a few hours this morning. GREAT show, nicest I have been to in this area, but I found most items were a bit pricey.

I just went for a few small items, and some ammo cans. Got a decent deal on a few cans.

Most of the ammo (5.56mm) I looked at was overpriced.

If you looked carefully, there were good prices on small consumables (patches/oil/AR spring kit, ect), but you had to be willing to dig around and haggle a bit.

Eagle Arms did a nice job, and I will be back at the August show.

Went to Oaks this weekend with the hubby. It was our first ever gun show, and we didn't go with any special gun pickups in mind (although I have been hoping to grab a lever action 22lr rifle used). We were hoping to find deals on AR500 steel, new grips for our 1911, and electronic earmuffs. All three were complete washouts (there was just one vendor that I found with new 1911 grips, and they weren't that impressive). The reloading tables were something that I didn't expect, and we picked up quite a bit, but man o man, do I wish we had brought backpacks to bring our stuff back!