BullzeyeNJ

New look for the 308 Winchester

Just got in a Manners T4A in GAP camo a couple weeks ago. It fits my American Precision Arms 308 Win very nicely so that is where it will belong. Added a Huber concepts two stage trigger and my Schmidt and Bender 5-25x56mm PMII scope and I am set for awhile.

DPP_0002.jpg

DPP_0001.jpg

Thank you.

Not alot of trigger time behind the T4A stock yet but I like the dimensions of the cheekpiece and butt more then my A5 (that also has the KMW Loggerhead adjustable cheekpiece). To me it rides the rear bag better and it fits my face at more comfortable angle. As far as the grip, the T4A is fatter then the A5 so I had to adjust my shooting hand finger placement accordingly.

I was just getting comfy behind a Manners T5A stock (thumbhole stock) and shooting well with it on my factory 700P then this T4A came in the mail after waiting 5 months. I was going to swear off thumbhole stocks after not ever being comfortable on a AICS (I really, really tried) but the T5A won me over. The only A5 I have left was custom fitted to my KMW 308 and those two make for a wonderful combination. I think thats more attributable to Terry Cross' work at KMW then the A5 itself.

Elegant, as always, Paul. How does it shoulder compared to the McMillan A5?

-

Here are some groups I shot the other day at the range. It was very windy out so not the best day for testing out new loads. Im still trying to find a load that works. I think I am getting there...

5 Rounds at 100 yards. 0.240"

IMG_0510.jpg

5 rounds, 100 yds: 0.317"

IMG_0509.jpg

3 rounds, 100 yds: 0.175"

IMG_0508.jpg