Shawnmoore81

My friends house got hit

Yesterday a friend of mines house got robbed in the matter of minutes. It was a couple jim and luanne. Jim was already out and lue had to run a quick errand. She left the house to go to the post office on the other end of town (gibbstown) when she got back they were already gone. They stole a bunch of guns, checks and even change they were saving. Only good thing is they got cut in the process because blood was all over. The police do have a blood sample now but I doubt since it wasn't a violent crime csi isn't all over it. Its insane the amount of houses getting broken into now.

Two homes on my street were broken into in the last few weeks as well. Both in the middle of the day. People are getting desperate. Good thing we have our 110lb Rottweiler in the house when we are both gone. He has a nasty bark and I wouldnt be surprised if he hasnt scared would be robbers away already.

-Scott

Yes Texas shooter I know the voice.

I know at his old house he had a gun cabinet. That was a few years ago. The way I know them are I'm friends with each of their kids and they ended up together. He then moved into her house. I use to be over there everyday but now those kids like me are 30ish now. So as far as how they were stored now I don't know.

I know at his old house he had a gun cabinet. That was a few years ago. The way I know them are I'm friends with each of their kids and they ended up together. He then moved into her house. I use to be over there everyday but now those kids like me are 30ish now. So as far as how they were stored now I don't know.

my guess is they were not in a big heavy safe... while safes are not perfect they would probably have stopped these guns from getting onto the street.. blows my mind how you can not have guns anda safe..

granted I am ASSUMING they did not have one based on how long you say the robbery took..

They got the guy. Sad part is its exactly who I thought it was. Guy was over that house a bunch of times. Lives like 4 houses away is a heroin addict now.

I'm glad they got him - what a POS. I hope he gets his stuff back.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I keep trying to convince my wife that things are bad out there and we need to take precautions. She looks at me like I'm nuts (you know that condescending smile they give you, the "whatever you say, honey")

I completely get it. My wife is the same way where security is concerned. She is the type that believes nothing is going to happen and to be prepared is giving in to paranoia.

Real sorry to hear about the break in. I hope everything gets recovered. What a lowlife.

Glad they got the guy, hope they recovered everything.

Word to the wise, if you know of a drug addict living around your home, be extra careful with security. This story is just one example as to why.

Other examples...

a) When I bought my home, I noticed the rear sliding door had etching marks in the glass around the door handle, apparently one of the neighbor's son's was caught trying to break in, was a drug addict. No longer lives around here.

b) Friend of mine bought a house in Edision, the house was empty a few days before they moved in. They came over to clean and stuff, noticed the front door kicked in. Nothing was stolen as it was empty. They heard from the police that they caught a drug addict in the neighborhood doing smash and grab type burglaries around the neighborhood.

lol trust is something I find VERY difficult to have in people.. it is easier for me to not trust people than to trust them and get burned..

that is probably a personality flaw I have.. I always assume the worst..

Must be lonely

please have a seat in my comfy leather chair and tell me about this

did you have a female break your heart in the past possibly

or did it start as a child

did someone touch you when you were younger, if so point out where on this doll

mybudfl.jpg

Must be lonely

please have a seat in my comfy leather chair and tell me about this

did you have a female break your heart in the past possibly

or did it start as a child

did someone touch you when you were younger, if so point out where on this doll

nah none of that.. I just prefer to be overly cautious and not deal with other peoples drama...

nah none of that.. I just prefer to be overly cautious and not deal with other peoples drama...

i can understand some of that but you know what they say about extremes lol

this is exactly what scares me most and why i ordered a home surveilance camera system. i am hoping to get it up and running next weekend.

This is becoming everyday reality even where I live

I too have been looking into security cameras. We recently had something similar happen to my house, only it was a family member. I don't want to get into any details, but all i can say is make sure your guns are locked up. I found tool marks and chipped paint on my safe. Anything valuable is being locked up, including my Computers HDD's since i can easily remove them and my life is on there. All the real important stuff is already in a SDB.

Now I'm hearing he was arrested but for other stuff. I'd bet he has something to do with this robbery though.

They are probably waiting for the blood work to come back before charging him unless they found the stolen stuff in his possession.

Ive been looking at them too...Also for my business. Any tips or help? Lots of systems out there...whats good? bad?

I've been finding that your best bet is to find a good dvr system, buy the stand alone recorder, and then purchase the cameras that fit your needs. Most recording systems are all the same aside from ease of use, storage capacity and wifi option, but camera quality will be hit or miss. The new wifi systems are pretty cool, you can set cameras to be in motion mode, they will notify you if anything moves, and you can block out parts of the camera that may be looking at a street to avoid false alarms, you also can get live feed to your smart phone. This is probably the best option out there right now.

You may want hi-res cameras for outside and long distance, and low-res cheaper ones for say a front door where it's positioned to look at someone 5-10 feet away.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I keep trying to convince my wife that things are bad out there and we need to take precautions. She looks at me like I'm nuts (you know that condescending smile they give you, the "whatever you say, honey")

My wife is the same way. Till it happens to us ( I will try my best to prevent this ) she will just think I'm crazy.

i can understand some of that but you know what they say about extremes lol

for me it is kind of simple..

my life is good.. I am happy.. and the people who I am friends with.. are great.. I trust them...

there are even people on this site who I have not met in person but still trust... the point is not to say I trust NO ONE... it is just instead that it takes a while for me to build that trust..

and honestly my life is better for it.. because I don't worry about dealing with people if I am "unsure" of them.. I just met some new coworkers.. they brought up "hanging out" but it will take some time before I trust strangers enough to bring them into my life..

for me it is kind of simple..

my life is good.. I am happy.. and the people who I am friends with.. are great.. I trust them...

there are even people on this site who I have not met in person but still trust... the point is not to say I trust NO ONE... it is just instead that it takes a while for me to build that trust..

and honestly my life is better for it.. because I don't worry about dealing with people if I am "unsure" of them.. I just met some new coworkers.. they brought up "hanging out" but it will take some time before I trust strangers enough to bring them into my life..

see now that is worded much better and i can understand and relate to that.

I too have been looking into security cameras. We recently had something similar happen to my house, only it was a family member. I don't want to get into any details, but all i can say is make sure your guns are locked up. I found tool marks and chipped paint on my safe. Anything valuable is being locked up, including my Computers HDD's since i can easily remove them and my life is on there. All the real important stuff is already in a SDB.

when i was shoping for my gunsafe, i made sure to get one that had ports built in to put my surveilance camera's HDD in it. I was planning ahead