Shawnmoore81

My friends house got hit

Not to nit pick, but that is a burglary, not a robbery.

Actually, in NJ, there are only burglaries, even if you are robbed. A hot home invasion is classified as a burglary in NJ law.

For you guys looking into surveillance camera systems, check out Zoneminder. It's an open source Linux based system that can use a variety of cameras. This is next on my list of things to do around my house...

Actually, in NJ, there are only burglaries, even if you are robbed. A hot home invasion is classified as a burglary in NJ law.

Wha? Great, now need to know who to figure out which "burglaries" we're at gun point in order to know how many home invasions there were in New Jersey.

Lovely. Anyone know how this is differentiated in the stats?

I'm very sorry to hear that. I keep trying to convince my wife that things are bad out there and we need to take precautions. She looks at me like I'm nuts (you know that condescending smile they give you, the "whatever you say, honey")

Ugh I get the same thing from my wife.. annoying, but since I love her, all I can do is my best to be vigilant in keeping abreast of things/secure around the house.

My wife is the same way. Till it happens to us ( I will try my best to prevent this ) she will just think I'm crazy.

That's my wife. The part that frustrates me is that she's pretty streetsmart. She doesn't live in a bubble. But when it comes to this, there could 3000 breakins a day, but not until we got hit would she listen. Or *maybe* if one of our PD's spoke to her, maybe.

This is to close for comfort! Gibbstown is about ten mins from my house! The same thing happened to my friend who also lives in Gibbstown by the Shoprite about a year ago and they also never caught the intruder that I know of. They tore out his entire back window and stole his rings, computer, camera and watches. This type of thing is really ticks me off! I am really concerned for my families safety. Was this during the day?

My friend had the Sloaman's Shield installed and 2 weeks later they were broken into and $10,000.00 worth of jewelery and items were stolen. We are pretty sure the installers told someone the contents of the house and possible the code. Yeah, I know, stupid of them not to change it right away as soon as the installers left. Live & Learn.

My friend had the Sloaman's Shield installed and 2 weeks later they were broken into and $10,000.00 worth of jewelery and items were stolen. We are pretty sure the installers told someone the contents of the house and possible the code. Yeah, I know, stupid of them not to change it right away as soon as the installers left. Live & Learn.

That's really messed up. The sad part is that nowadays, this is a high possibility of what actually happened.

Well the guy got 364 days in jail. So if you steal guns and have em in your car not in cases you get under a year. But if you carry one you own legally you get the book thrown at you.

A drug addled burglar who steals your guns and uses them in a robbery is a victim. Society has failed him, and he can be rehabilitated.

A right wing gun nut who stops off to pick up his kid from school on the way back from the range is a ticking time bomb. He needs to be removed from society, permanently, or at least have his kids taken away from him before he can spread his disease.

Are you kidding me with 364 days? They didn't nab him on illegal possession charges, as they would one of us if we happened to stray off of the most direct path directly to and from a range or gunsmith with a HG? Something tells me this guy doesn't have a FID, and wasn't on his way to the range with the stolen guns for some practice...

Would appreciate more details. Like did they test the blood at the crime scene for a DNA match? Was he apprehended while in posession of the stolen guns? One would think he didn't have the guns on him any longer and the State couldn't prove he was the one that stole them (as in if there were multiple actors).

Well the guy got 364 days in jail. So if you steal guns and have em in your car not in cases you get under a year. But if you carry one you own legally you get the book thrown at you.

I guess one more stay at Gloucester County Bed and Breakfast will do him good.

One more reason nobody should be crazy and paranoid enough to play "Secret Agent Man" by carrying a gun in your own home.

Exactly. Because we all know it is both better and totally different to stash numerous loaded firearms strategically throughout your house.

The legal system has failed us as a society.

Go lenient on the hard criminals who contribute NOTHING to society, and throw the book at the normal cow that gets milked daily in the machine, NICE.

The legal system has failed us as a society.

Go lenient on the hard criminals who contribute NOTHING to society, and throw the book at the normal cow that gets milked daily in the machine, NICE.

+1

work harder, millions on welfare depend on you