ClangClang

NJ State Police is hiring troopers!

I'd love to be a trooper but I honestly can't see myself living in nj much longer, nonetheless having a career here for the next 25-30 years. I'm actually in LASD's hiring process right now, hopefully that goes real well for me. If they both offered me a position; LASD>NJSP.

Regardless of what we think about the gun laws of this state and the hand that troopers have in obfuscating them, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the NJSP. They always look squared away and I've seen nothing but courtesy and professionalism when I've interacted with them.

I'd love to be a trooper but I honestly can't see myself living in nj much longer, nonetheless having a career here for the next 25-30 years. I'm actually in LASD's hiring process right now, hopefully that goes real well for me. If they both offered me a position; LASD>NJSP.

No way I would rather be in Cali than here. To each his own. Best of luck with the hiring process.

I believe thats the number one COD for all LEO.

Hopefully they'll be hiring again in 2/3 years when I'm eligible!

There are a ton of troopers eligible for retirement in the coming years. They are going to have to hire a lot in the next few years

Regardless of what we think about the gun laws of this state and the hand that troopers have in obfuscating them, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the NJSP. They always look squared away and I've seen nothing but courtesy and professionalism when I've interacted with them.

Agreed.

Agreed. I know one state trooper from my church, and have met a few others, and they are very professional, decent people. The vast majority of LEOs I have met are, for that matter.

I had a few family members and a number of friends in the state police growing up. Seeing them was what inspired me to get into law enforcement. I even went to trooper youth week when I was 16. It is a week simulating the state police academy. Real eye opener for a 16 yo

No way I would rather be in Cali than here. To each his own. Best of luck with the hiring process.

Thanks, passed the written, interview, and polygraph, waiting to hear from them after the background is done.

Must be nice haha. I'm only 22 but I really want to get in now, and u fortunately no one in my family is an officer, so I'll be first. Sonic have no family members to help out haha

22? What are you waiting for? You're damn near out of your prime :).

They just graduated a class pretty recently. Their ranks have benn then for some time now. I hope they give laid off Leo a heavy preference

it's usually the opposite.....we usually dont fit the "Trooper Mold"

NJSP have to be one of the most squared away group I have ever come across. Being in the NYCPD I have to say there were a lot of great cops who were the best at what they do but as far as appearance & professional attitude you can't hold a candle to these guys!

From what I understand it is nowhere near what is used to be. All the liberals got involved and now they are passing people who would have been gone week one years past.

it's a little "easier" now to let more people in.

they recently stopped the yearly physical test where you have to do however many miles in x mins, x pushups in x mins, etc, etc... basically the pre-qual physical test before you get ino the academy. Don't know whether it was because of money or some other liberal reasoning.

Although you still will never see a fat trooper, like some of the local cops. These guys basically police each other and shame each other into staying in shape. They even bust on each other when someone calls in sick. lol