johnp

Cool Pictures

It is such a shame that they have been grounded along with the Thunderbirds :(  Fun Fact, When I originally joined the Active Duty US Air Force, I was swore in and given the Oath of Enlistment by the Thunderbirds Commander standing along with one of the pilots next to one of the birds...

It is such a shame that they have been grounded along with the Thunderbirds :(  Fun Fact, When I originally joined the Active Duty US Air Force, I was swore in and given the Oath of Enlistment by the Thunderbirds Commander standing along with one of the pilots next to one of the birds...

They are not grounded, but they are not allowed to do air shows.  They are still doing training missions over the Gulf.  That photo was taken in August during a routine training mission; it just happened to occur over the the LCS-4 Vendor trials.

And to throw another cool picture into the thread:

Z007-DDG10001310_I6Z7987-.jpg

What's old is new again.  She just went into the water today. 

Not a picture, but thought it was pretty cool. It's the Blue Angels taking off from Ft Worth Alliance airport. They were getting ready to do a flyby for the Nascar race on the weekend. Video was taken Oct 29th. Sorry for crappy cell phone video, but that's all I had with me.

you used to be able to go to NAS pensacola and watch the the blue angels practice. my stepmom has a beach house near there. we always used to see all kinds of military aircrafts flying out over the gulf.

During the Deepwater Horizon Event cleanup we worked on a jack-up barge for awhile just south of the inlet and got to see the BA's every week.