Underdog

CZ 75B grip recommendations

Factory plastic grips. When I was shooting a CZ in USPSA I tried a few different grips but eventually I came back to the factory plastic. Normally the answer is "whatever fits your hands best" so find the ones you like, but be aware that depending on your grip the rubber ones can inflict malfunctions. If you have a use a strong grip on your gun (like I do) you can bend the grips inward because the CZ has huge cutouts in the frame and you will prevent the mags from dropping free.

I sprung for the cocobolo wood with half checker, love the way it looks against the flat black and fits my rather small hands very well. I want to spring for a Hakan set but I guess he's so backed up that an initial email went unanswered.I'm going home this fall and may try to stop in to see his operation.

I would like to try thin, rubber panels of some kind, or aluminum ones w/ grip tape.

Has anybody modified Hogue Rubber Grips with the finger grooves by removing the grooves carefully and just leaving the "panel" part? They seem to be slimmer than the factory rubber grips and might just be the ticket with careful cutting and a little sanding.

I found this picture of a modified grip on THR Forum (http://www.thehighro...p/t-277021.html) (a great site) and it doesn't look too bad at all and it appears to be quite functional and relatively cheap for CZ grips:

http://i21.photobuck...357/guns005.jpg

My factory rubber grips seem to be reinforced (which I think is why they're a little chunky). If the Hogues aren't than cutting down the connective finger grippy part might make them prone to that drop-free problem. Just a thought.