notmetoo

Beretta M9/92 Mag Release

I'm looking for options for an extended mag release button as well. Right now, my mag changes require a little "flip" for a more positive engagement of the release button.

I'm also playing around with a rubber pad attached using a strong double adhesive tape. It seems to work but it's not USPSA production legal. ;)

Your other option is to reverse the mag button to be for lefties. As a lefty I realized I prefer a left side mag and slide release because i can use my shooting hand index finger and never change my grip. There are many guns where the release on the "correct" side forces me to change my grip.

Andy:

I realize that this is an OEM part, but is it available on a production gun from the factory? If not, I think you are SOL, as far as it's legality for SSP in IDPA and Production in USPSA. Just look before you leap.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Andy:

I realize that this is an OEM part, but is it available on a production gun from the factory? If not, I think you are SOL, as far as it's legality for SSP in IDPA and Production in USPSA. Just look before you leap.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I think the extended mag release came standard on the 92 Elite models. Those aren't in production any longer though.

If that's the case, he should be GTG - there is a 92G Elite and a 92G Elite II on the approved production gun list for USPSA and I believe, just the fact that it was included on a factory gun clears the way for IDPA. They use Glock as an example and the same logic should apply here.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

That's one thing I don't like about the 92. The mag release just seems like you have to be

a little too deliberate to get the mag to drop. I want to get the oversized version too, but it's

$40. A little much if you ask me, but I still might do it.